Fj40 Trail Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
FST and Hardtop Version 1Model
image-4256356916.jpg

image-3059155369.jpg

Family Cage Model Version 2
image.jpg
image.jpg

Stock Roll Bar Version 3
img_20161209_095120_371-jpg.1363985

img_20161209_095209_235-jpg.1363989

Made out of WeatherMAX fabric. Mild and mildew resistant, uv and water resistant as well it will breath and not trap moisture. Comes with storage bag.

Price is $280 shipped in the lower 48.

Colors available
OD Green
Moss80-29403t.jpg

Forest Green
Forest80-29342t.jpg

Pacific Blue
PacificBlue80-29346t.jpg

Taupe
Taupe80-29377t.jpg

Sand
Sand80-29376t.jpg

Chocolate
Chocolate80-29430t.jpg

Black
Black80-29355t.jpg

They have attachment loops in the back and two on each side of the front doors. This allows you to use a bungee cord to secure them under your truck.

Contact Julie myfatboy02@yaho.com

Last edited:
Any idea how these fit over a rig without a windshield or roof? I have a family cage on my 40, and would love something like this for the trip to texas (both the drive and in case it rains while we are there).

Mace I'm not sure. Let me get through next week and I'll talk with them. Might be able to do custom covers. I have a MT family cage on my cruiser so they could use it as a mockup.

Could you leave one on while doing 80 down the freeway? If it was strapped down well of course.

Thanks amigo!

Did you figure out whether or not this would fit over a MT family cage with the windshield up? Also, as Mace asked above, anyone tested out trailering a rig with this cover on it?

Thanks,
JT

You take one of these on a trailer/roadtrip yet Marshall?

Hey Marshall,
Know you are probably already headed out to GSMTR, but interested to hear a response on trailering one of these puppies. Also, on the family cage model, have you had one out in the rain yet? Just wondering if it sheds water pretty well instead of collecting between the spreaders.

:beer: Ramon

Long story but the short of it. I didn't get to tow it. Trailer just couldn't handle two trucks. So I drove the 40 all the way to GSMTR. So no testing.

The material will hold out water. But if you don't have a Bikini over your roll cage or have it really strapped down it's going to pond. There is no way around that. Will it leak if it ponds. Mine hasn't but the most ponding I've gotten is an inch of water.

The material isn't cheap. It's really tough. If one of you wants to be the test dummy on trailering with one and buy it and if it fails I'll refund your money.

Long story but the short of it. I didn't get to tow it. Trailer just couldn't handle two trucks. So I drove the 40 all the way to GSMTR. So no testing.

The material will hold out water. But if you don't have a Bikini over your roll cage or have it really strapped down it's going to pond. There is no way around that. Will it leak if it ponds. Mine hasn't but the most ponding I've gotten is an inch of water.

The material isn't cheap. It's really tough. If one of you wants to be the test dummy on trailering with one and buy it and if it fails I'll refund your money.

I'm down for that Marshall - however, my tub is off right now and I won't be towing until Julyish.

:beer: R

Not yet but I have found out if it rubs the paint it's going to remove it. Meaning you drive with it on it's going to rub the finish off it. There just isn't any way around it. I'd have to sew another layer of something crazy soft inside it and even then it would still rub the finish off. Think of this cover as something you use when not moving. Like you want to protect your soft top from the elements, or keeping the rain out of the cruiser while it's outside. I use mine all the time when I get home and when I wake up in the morning after a storm or when there is dew everywhere I just take it off and it's all dry inside. Plus it keeps prying eyes from my stuff inside. Takes a whopping 30 seconds to install.

Hmmm. I'll likely still get one, but that's a bummer. Tough scenario to come up with a solution to. I really want something like this I can use for a summer wheeling trip and if I'm towing or at the campground, I have something to keep the inside dry. Thanks for the info Marshall - order incoming if I ever get this thing back together and on the road :D

:beer: ramón

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom