FJ40 Top-Has anyone ever... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replaced the rivets with machine screws and nuts and washers. I am redoing my top now and will be finishing the rain gutter shortly. I was just wondering if anyone had redone theirs with something other than rivets. I think the look of stainless caps would look pretty cool against the white-if you are tall enough to ever see them.

i did a combination of rivets and machine screws when i repaired the top on the lemon after i rolled it the last time. worked fine. i did put clear silicone on the screws when i put them in.

Did you have to drill holes or larger holes for the nuts to set below the level of the top rim of the side panels-does that make sence?

i did a combination of rivets and machine screws when i repaired the top on the lemon after i rolled it the last time. worked fine. i did put clear silicone on the screws when i put them in.

I'm going to assume you had the top on the ground while fixing it instead of on the rig...;p

Ok, I'm running away now!!!! :D

This is what I meant. Make sence now?
drill.jpg

no, because the top sticks outside of the outer wall, so the nut is on the outside.

awesome. thanks for the quick response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom