fj40 top/doors fs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone interested in a top and all 4 doors from a '77? I don't know much about them; I haven't seen the rig in a couple years, but I seem to remember minimal rust. Owner is going soft top and wants to sell them all. The top has the rear vent windows. Dunno how much, but I can follow up if someone is interested.
David

I am not educated enough on years and styles. I have a '72 with a butchered top (moonroof installed). Would a top from a '77 work?

You would need to cut two notches for the wiper arms and either change to amby doors or install the rear top sill from your top so the liftup door fits (and attach the latch plates and struts to the side panels). But if it's only the moonroof that is the problem, you could just swap the fiberglass on top. The later front doors are a little different, a little nicer, but the latch plate on the tub would need modified to fit them. The ambulance doors are a PITA if you remove your top, but they make rear access easier than the early doors with the top on.

What year did the door styles change? Can you inquire how much he wants for the top and doors? I'm not actively working on mine because of a lack of free time and extra money but that doesn't mean I can't start collecting what I need if it's a good deal. My driver side door is falling apart and may need replacement or maybe just a little welding and TLC. If replacing just the fiberglass top panel is a viable option, I might go for that so I don't have to attempt to patch the 12" X 30" hole and the bullet hole that are in it.

Marc

If replacing just the fiberglass top panel is a viable option, I might go for that so I don't have to attempt to patch the 12" X 30" hole and the bullet hole that are in it.

Marc

Ok... I can see patching the big hole.... but if there is a bullet hole that has to stay!!! You could make up some great story to go along with it.:grinpimp:

I'll check on the price. '75 is when they changed to ambulance doors and nicer front doors. Nicer means they have door panels, latches that arent at your hip, exterior handles that don't protrude (but break more easily), and window regulators that seem to last longer

This guy might have an ad in the paper. My father was reading me an ad for the top and doors for a '77 FJ40 and I think the price was $850. Could just be a coincidence though.

I don't know, maybe coincidence. The one I know of is one that a friend is working on in SF. He said top and all doors are in good shape, but the driver door is missing the door panel and he said $1000. I think he's high.

Wow, i was thinking of just the front doors since mine are tweaked from the roll over years ago. and my DS outside latch is ready to finally break. but that price is was too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom