SOLD FJ40 throttle linkage bracket @ carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
I need a throttle linkage bracket that gets bolted down to the carb base. It is the top bracket in the picture below. Anyone have one?

I am working to get my 1976 FJ40 running that had the engine partially disassembled when I bought it - and of course I'm missing a bunch of parts.

full

Last edited:
That’s the only piece of the linkage you’re missing?

Yes, that is the only piece I need.

The previous owner started swapping in an 83 2F motor from a FJ60 and never finished it - and did not keep track of the parts. I have most of an FJ60 linkage and most of an FJ40 linkage, but neither is complete.

There’s a few in the middle of this pic. $40 plus the ride. Minimum order requirements apply.

1585432903817.jpeg

Mark - Thanks for the offer. That is more than I want to pay for the bracket.

I'm just trying to get my old rust bucket running and there are still so many unknowns with it. Today I thought about cutting up the two pivoting linkages I have and TIG welding them to make what I need, but I realize Toyota isn't making anymore of these brackets and I'd rather pass on what I have and get what I need.

Last edited:
While it might be more than you’re willing to pay, that’s the going rate on linkages from vendor. I bought a similar one from Jim C and his price was around $50.

While it might be more than you’re willing to pay, that’s the going rate on linkages from vendor. I bought a similar one from Jim C and his price was around $50.

I totally understand that vendors need to sell parts at a higher price point to make a living - and respect that. I am hoping that a non-vender might have one laying around that they are willing to part with.

Edit: I found one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom