FJ40 Suspension Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day all!

Ok.. This is the deal. I just bought a new suspension from Pro Comp for my FJ40. It came with 4 springs and shocks and u-bolts ect.. No greaseable shackles. The shocks are the ES3000.

I know that everyone says that Old Man EMu is the way to go. But for a thousand dollars (I live in Canada) less I got this other set.

Has anyone else out these bought or used Pro Comp's FJ40 lift kit? How is it? Should I bring it back? The guys at RADD cruisers have never seen one before and of course recommend I use Old Man Emu.

This is my daily driver. I'm not so much an off road guy...yet. I just drive back and forth to work. What do you guys think? Does it really matter? For an extra thousand bucks is it really worth it? Is there anything wrong with what I bought?

Russ:flipoff2:

russ.....install it and tell us all about it.

:wrench:

I bought one for my '64 several years back and other than not having military wrapped springs I was very pleased with it. The spring rate is very close to stock as I remember. It seemed to have good flex. I had purchased the 2.5 inch kit.

Yeah. It doesn't have the military wrap and it is the 2.5 inch lift. It's not pretty but, part of me just thinks that it has to be better than what's under there right now and the price is pretty good.

Anyone else out these have any experience with this kit?

Russ

Take it back ... its junk .. :flipoff2:

OME is the only way ...

Cheers ...:beer:

I have it. I'd recommend looking into other options if its not too late. Its not terrible but its really stiff. Directions are also terrible. I heard someone broke the sprink pack...they said it was a big difference.

I'll be putting in different rear shocks as a first step. If anyone has a reco's on rear shocks, I could use the recommendation.

i had a skyjacker 4" and it never failed to suspend. Directions, who needs directions. they are leaf springs not rocket surgery. I am a Big Time believer that sometimes you just pay for the name.

i who needs directions. they are leaf springs not rocket surgery..

Who knew rockets needed surgery? Most would think surgery was for living things.:doh: My point: The front and rear springs are not labeled. Try to figure out which is which isn't fun.

Make sure you're content w/ 33's and not 35's. If I didn't live intown (& use a parking garage), I would've gone w/ a 4" and 35's.

I think 33's will be fine. I think the fellas at the garage can figure it out. They are marked with matching serial numbers for front and rear.

So it seems there isn't alot of people out there using this kit. We'll see how it goes. At this point I thinkI will have them put on. I will be sure to report how they are once the work is done.

Russ

Would like some more feedback on this: so BUMP

from what i remember about them....they are stiff...a real hard ride....but....they do flex and will last along time.

I too am using 4" skyjacker soft ride springs...have had them on for over 100,000 miles and love them...but mine were right when they came out and the springs are just a bit too long and the stock shackle hight the end of the springs hit the bottom of the frame....had to use 1 1/2 " lift con-fre shackles so they wouldnt hit

they cant possibly have the same spring rate as stock springs. pro crap sucks.

are they lift springs, stock replacements what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom