Fj40 steel rain gutter options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone? I see a fiberglass option but don’t want that because I want to keep my gutter mounting option open.

Is CCOT the only game in town when it comes to new rain gutter? Thx!

Probably. I asked around before I ordered mine from CCOT. I ordered an FJ40 kit from them plus a couple longer pieces to fit my troopy. I did a test fit yesterday and the two longer pieces we're quite long enough for the troopy but they are fixing that. The FJ40 portion fit up nicely. Very thick steel and of course all the weld nuts/spacing are already done for you.

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

Great thank you. My other worry was flimsy steel, good to know. Looks like I’m ordering one up...

As far as I know, yes CCOT is your only aftermarket option. I made mine a few years ago because I had time, ability and no money...
I hear you..started going thru my sheet metal and searching for hours trying to find some perfectly sized channel and or a metal brake and my wife begged me to stop and just buy the thing.

Last edited:
I hear you..started going thru my sheet metal and searching for hours trying to find some perfectly sized channel and or a metal brake and my wife begged me to stop and just buy the thing.
If you can score a used box/finger brake, like a legit one, not some scrap from Horror freight that needs welding on and gusseting to not flex and isn't a finger brake(removable fingers), you'll be a boss! I've found couple, or actually a couple have found me, but I've never had the funds to purchase them at the time(s). 1.5" 14ga square tube works awesome for the structural top rail. I would use "riv-nuts" for the Hardtop mounting screw locations, if I went that route.

If you can score a used box/finger brake, like a legit one, not some scrap from Horror freight that needs welding on and gusseting to not flex and isn't a finger brake(removable fingers), you'll be a boss! I've found couple, or actually a couple have found me, but I've never had the funds to purchase them at the time(s). 1.5" 14ga square tube works awesome for the structural top rail. I would use "riv-nuts" for the Hardtop mounting screw locations, if I went that route.
Thx, good info! I always think my current sheet metal job is my last...never is...should probably find one.
Last job was this...

0CFE0149-15E9-4519-9B0F-B27B1B18254B.jpeg

Last edited:
That 40 is amazing! That is the stance I'm looking for with my FJ. What type and size tire are you running there?

Thanks!! They’re bfg mt’s 345/75 R16. They came with the truck or I’d have gotten 35 12.5’s (little shorter, little narrower). Still pleased with them tho.

@HJ47 what did those gutters set you back, if you don't mind me asking? Price isn't listed on CCOT website

CCOT Rain Gutter.jpg

I bought the rivets and the fast and firm. I think the rivets were 8$. I have a bunch of rivets already, so not sure what I’ll end up using yet.

I bought the rivets too but I only need to replace a piece of rain gutter. Problem is, the CCOT rivets are bigger than the original ones and wouldn’t look good next to the small original ones. Since you are replacing the whole gutter, you should fine.

Sorry, late to the party. As another member already the full FJ40 set is $358.95. Because I have a troopy, the roof is much longer than a regular 40. I bought two extra 38” ‘standard’ pieces, but needed to order another two 38” pieces because of the way the weld nuts lined up with the 4.5” gap left with the first pair of extra pieces.

I bought a couple sets of the CCOT rivets just to have on hand, but not sure if I will use them for the install (haven’t gotten that far).

@php74 I just started a troopy build thread a couple weeks ago. Here are a couple of pics from there on the rain gutter. With the extra 38" pieces added (lining up the weld nuts) there was a 4.5" gap in the back and 1/2" gap towards the front. I just bought two more (total of 4) 38" pieces to get the correct weld nut spacing without having to metal fab the gap areas and/or add more weld nuts.

IMG_0952.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg
IMG_0931.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom