FJ40 Soft Top Ambulance Door Parts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can find specific parts for the rear soft top ambulance doors? Specifically looking for the upper hinges and the weather stripping channel that mounts to the outside of the upper frames.

I’ve reached out to TROA and Relik garage but they’ve been unable to help so far — any leads would be greatly appreciated! Need to seal it up for the winter

Did you call Mark (@65swb45)-Mark's Offroad, or Classic Cruisers in CO?
Thanks for the referral, but that’s out of my wheelhouse. I do know that @tlaporte was on the hunt for this stuff a while back, so he may be able to shed some light on what is or isn’t out there. GLWS

A long while ago I bought a set of reproduction FST ambulance doors from FJColUSA, which I think might now be Relik Garage.

The doors did not come with upper hinges, but they did come with the weatherstripping channels.

I also have put together a complete set of various parts from OEM doors, including the weatherstripping channels (still haven’t ventured out to SOR to compare the FST door weatherstripping to OEM to see if it would work well).

Here are some pictures of the channels for one door. There are three parts, two long ones that attach to the sides and are mitered on one end, and a smaller channel that goes across the top which is mitered at both edges.

D6125A9B-03D7-4227-B8B9-48A0054862C2.jpeg
D2564817-4224-451A-AA54-07BF63EDA803.jpeg
6C9807AA-9763-47B9-A637-DC9E800E9388.jpeg

I have a friend who has helped me with some SendCutSend style manufacturing before. These weatherstrip channels look like they might be ideal for this sort of thing, assuming the bends can be made. If there was enough interest I could look into making some.

As far as the hinges go, I assume you mean the upper hinges. The repro doors I got did not include hinges. Having said that, they are about the most basic pieces of metal you can imagine and surely someone could produce them if there was interest.

image.jpg

Thank you Tom. I knew you’d have some solid tech to contribute here.😊 It’s really been enjoyable watching how enthusiasts like yourself delve into something to the point that they themselves can become solid contributors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom