FJ40 Snow Plows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would any one happen to know of any companies who currently make snow plows that will mount right up to an fj40 ?

There is not any major plow mafgs that have made a "plow kit" for the FJ-40 in over ten years. Western and Myers both made kits for the 40. I found a lift and mount for a Western, new in a box, back in '95 at a dealer in IA. At the time, there were three dealers in the USA that still had that kit, which according to Western, had been discontinued before 1990.

Best bet would be to find someone in your area that has one that works, that they want to part with, OR go look at the unimount systems that are available from different mfgs, and see what you could make work.

Good luck!

-Steve

Hi,

I've had a SB-50 snowbear snowplow on my 77 FJ40 for 6 years and just this year put in on my 72 I bought (Doing a frame up resto on the 77).

http://www.snowbear.com/

The SB-50 sells for about $1000 to $1200, electric lift, manual tilt blade with a spring loaded lever that locks the angle into position. Snowbear also makes a larger one, but is a little overkill for a FJ. Living in Northern Minnesota I get my fair share of plowing snow, it works amazingly well. I also sell them at my store here, but that's not why I'm mentioning it. You would obviously be buying somewhere else anyway.

Snowbear makes specific mounts to fit all different models and years of vehicles, except the FJ40. I made the ones I have on mine out of 1/2" steel, using a hydraulic press. I think the pics explain everything? The crossbar that the plow mounts to is standard, the only thing I had to make was the 2 side plates. I also made them for a Doctor in town for his 78 FJ40, that was about 7 years ago, going strong and he loves it.

I took these photos about a half hour ago at lunch.

Matt

Side pic

plow down

plow up

[quote author=buckroseau link=board=1;threadid=8270;start=msg70195#msg70195 date=1070393128]
Hi,

I've had a SB-50 snowbear snowplow on my 77 FJ40 for 6 years and just this year put in on my 72 I bought (Doing a frame up resto on the 77).

http://www.snowbear.com/

The SB-50 sells for about $1000 to $1200, electric lift, manual tilt blade with a spring loaded lever that locks the angle into position. Snowbear also makes a larger one, but is a little overkill for a FJ. Living in Northern Minnesota I get my fair share of plowing snow, it works amazingly well. I also sell them at my store here, but that's not why I'm mentioning it. You would obviously be buying somewhere else anyway.

Snowbear makes specific mounts to fit all different models and years of vehicles, except the FJ40. I made the ones I have on mine out of 1/2" steel, using a hydraulic press. I think the pics explain everything? The crossbar that the plow mounts to is standard, the only thing I had to make was the 2 side plates. I also made them for a Doctor in town for his 78 FJ40, that was about 7 years ago, going strong and he loves it.

I took these photos about a half hour ago at lunch.

Matt
[/quote]

hey man! was it jim carrabre? if so i bought it was fj-40 and will proabbaly be buying his other one...........he is selling his snowplow for 2,600 bucks....... :'( i want it but cant afford it.........

There is not any major plow mafgs that have made a "plow kit" for the FJ-40 in over ten years. Western and Myers both made kits for the 40. I found a lift and mount for a Western, new in a box, back in '95 at a dealer in IA. At the time, there were three dealers in the USA that still had that kit, which according to Western, had been discontinued before 1990.

Best bet would be to find someone in your area that has one that works, that they want to part with, OR go look at the unimount systems that are available from different mfgs, and see what you could make work.

Good luck!

-Steve
I just took a Western off of mine and gave it back to the previous owner

Good luck!

-Steve
If you want to grab it from Salcha, AK let me know! I can talk to the previous owner to see if she would part with it.

20220623_131705.jpg

This is a really old post. I bought a Western snow plow years ago that I never got around to installing that sitting in a garage in the Phoenix area. Plan was to use it at our cabin after we retired. Hasn't been enough snow lately to worry about in AZ even at 7,000".

This is a really old post. I bought a Western snow plow years ago that I never got around to installing that sitting in a garage in the Phoenix area. Plan was to use it at our cabin after we retired. Hasn't been enough snow lately to worry about in AZ even at 7,000".
Still got the plow?

Plow hasn't moved in years. Can see the main plow in this picture. Sure it wouldn't be worth shipping to Edmonton.

20211031_141055.jpg

have you sold the plow?

Do you still have that plow taking up space in the garage?

Here’s mine. I posted it for sale in the classifieds probably a year ago and never got any hits. It runs off the power steering pump.
C4186190-2D04-4069-A69F-CE39F775B3FB.jpeg

Sure I’d sell it, but I’m all the way down in Nashville TN. I can send you additional pictures probably Sunday. If you look close to the picture I built the front lift piston to work off the front hoop. So you would have to build your own front hoop or I’ll have to cut mine off. The rear larger hoop closest to the hood is a metal tech. The smaller hoop i had bent up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom