1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FJ40 Snow Plows

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

Would any one happen to know of any companies who currently make snow plows that will mount right up to an fj40 ?

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    There is not any major plow mafgs that have made a "plow kit" for the FJ-40 in over ten years. Western and Myers both made kits for the 40. I found a lift and mount for a Western, new in a box, back in '95 at a dealer in IA. At the time, there were three dealers in the USA that still had that kit, which according to Western, had been discontinued before 1990.

Best bet would be to find someone in your area that has one that works, that they want to part with, OR go look at the unimount systems that are available from different mfgs, and see what you could make work.

Good luck!

-Steve

3. buckroseau

buckroseau May I have another!!! SILVER Star

Hi,

I've had a SB-50 snowbear snowplow on my 77 FJ40 for 6 years and just this year put in on my 72 I bought (Doing a frame up resto on the 77).

http://www.snowbear.com/

The SB-50 sells for about $1000 to $1200, electric lift, manual tilt blade with a spring loaded lever that locks the angle into position. Snowbear also makes a larger one, but is a little overkill for a FJ. Living in Northern Minnesota I get my fair share of plowing snow, it works amazingly well. I also sell them at my store here, but that's not why I'm mentioning it. You would obviously be buying somewhere else anyway.

Snowbear makes specific mounts to fit all different models and years of vehicles, except the FJ40. I made the ones I have on mine out of 1/2" steel, using a hydraulic press. I think the pics explain everything? The crossbar that the plow mounts to is standard, the only thing I had to make was the 2 side plates. I also made them for a Doctor in town for his 78 FJ40, that was about 7 years ago, going strong and he loves it.

I took these photos about a half hour ago at lunch.

Matt

4. buckroseau

5. buckroseau

6. buckroseau

7. [quote author=buckroseau link=board=1;threadid=8270;start=msg70195#msg70195 date=1070393128]
    Hi,

I've had a SB-50 snowbear snowplow on my 77 FJ40 for 6 years and just this year put in on my 72 I bought (Doing a frame up resto on the 77).

http://www.snowbear.com/

The SB-50 sells for about $1000 to $1200, electric lift, manual tilt blade with a spring loaded lever that locks the angle into position. Snowbear also makes a larger one, but is a little overkill for a FJ. Living in Northern Minnesota I get my fair share of plowing snow, it works amazingly well. I also sell them at my store here, but that's not why I'm mentioning it. You would obviously be buying somewhere else anyway.

Snowbear makes specific mounts to fit all different models and years of vehicles, except the FJ40. I made the ones I have on mine out of 1/2" steel, using a hydraulic press. I think the pics explain everything? The crossbar that the plow mounts to is standard, the only thing I had to make was the 2 side plates. I also made them for a Doctor in town for his 78 FJ40, that was about 7 years ago, going strong and he loves it.

I took these photos about a half hour ago at lunch.

Matt
    [/quote]

hey man! was it jim carrabre? if so i bought it was fj-40 and will proabbaly be buying his other one...........he is selling his snowplow for 2,600 bucks....... :'( i want it but cant afford it.........