Wanted FJ40 sheetmetal parts near DFW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi guys , going to start a FJ40 body on KZJ70 frame pretty soon and found an early 64 tub already from another member here , thanks for that Bossman .

Looking for
Transmission hump in reasonable condition (early to fit my tub)
later model hood
rear half doors or tailgate
front bib
windshield frame (wipers below)

Also looking for Budbuild rear quarters
Metal tech front fenders
Metaltech full rollcage
Bestop denim top with 2 piece doors

Thanks

Picture of the cream puff I am starting out from for attention

IMG_4040.JPG

Ambitious aren’t you? Can’t wait to see your vision completed.
Pretty common to see these in Europe and I hoped to snag one up there but was always a day late and a dollar short when one came up . KZJ70 will be in TX in 2 weeks so time to start collecting parts and it looks like those are way harder to find now then in the past !

Doesn't appear you have a front floor. When I installed a four speed in my 68 I changed to a 74-78 transmission cover. Took a little modifying along the right side and trim across the back. Besides being longer the 73-78 covers are also taller providing more than the one for a three speed. The new vendor who is going to make body parts for pre 1/79 tub would install a 73-78 floor and hump. I would install that floor.

I think I have the following:

Transmission hump from a 1974
Tailgate w/ Hinges
Earlier windshield frame (wipers above) w/ Glass

Bummer for you is that I am in San Diego
Thanks I will keep you in mind , trying to find parts local first .

Doesn't appear you have a front floor. When I installed a four speed in my 68 I changed to a 74-78 transmission cover. Took a little modifying along the right side and trim across the back. Besides being longer the 73-78 covers are also taller providing more than the one for a three speed. The new vendor who is going to make body parts for pre 1/79 tub would install a 73-78 floor and hump. I would install that floor.
Driver side is ok , ps front floor is bad but I have a front floor from a 1970 here at the shop to fix that .
Are you talking about Jung chen or another new vendor ?

There is new manufacturer TP auto parts. There are working on making body parts for the pre 1/79 40 series. 9/72-1/79 floor still used a full transmission cover. A pillar and B pillar up to 1/79 are fairly easy to mix and match with other years.

First picture.
Left 73-78 center 64-72 right 61-64.
IMG_2376 (1).jpg

This picture can see the extra height of the later style.
IMG_2374.jpg

Last picture shows the extra you get over earlier years.
IMG_2372.jpg

Last two pictures are comparing to a 65 FJ45 cover. It's not cut in the back like the
IMG_2372.jpg
FJ40 but shows how much longer hump you get. FJ40 is cut short and has a channel in the floor which still still arched and offers same clearance as the 45. Downside is the fuel tank when from 18 1/2 gallons 64-72 to 16 1/2 gallons 73-78. The. 79 went to 22 1/2 gallons.

There is new manufacturer TP auto parts. There are working on making body parts for the pre 1/79 40 series. 9/72-1/79 floor still used a full transmission cover. A pillar and B pillar up to 1/79 are fairly easy to mix and match with other years.

First picture.
Left 73-78 center 64-72 right 61-64.View attachment 3320473
This picture can see the extra height of the later style.
View attachment 3320474
Last picture shows the extra you get over earlier years.
View attachment 3320481
Last two pictures are comparing to a 65 FJ45 cover. It's not cut in the back like theView attachment 3320481 FJ40 but shows how much longer hump you get. FJ40 is cut short and has a channel in the floor which still still arched and offers same clearance as the 45. Downside is the fuel tank when from 18 1/2 gallons 64-72 to 16 1/2 gallons 73-78. The. 79 went to 22 1/2 gallons.
That is some awesome information , I always tell anyone that wants to hear it that the cruiser community is made out of great people as it shows by everyone giving there time to educate others and this evening at our local lone Star cruiser meeting I scored a sweet 1980 front bib and have a possible line on a older style transmission tunnel .

That TP is selling jungchen parts I think and I saw their products at a cruiser place in the US and at 2 other places in Europe and they are not quite there yet , quality is about on par with the stuff that came out of latin America 10 years ago , hopefully they get their stuff together and get it right .

That is some awesome information , I always tell anyone that wants to hear it that the cruiser community is made out of great people as it shows by everyone giving there time to educate others and this evening at our local lone Star cruiser meeting I scored a sweet 1980 front bib and have a possible line on a older style transmission tunnel .

That TP is selling jungchen parts I think and I saw their products at a cruiser place in the US and at 2 other places in Europe and they are not quite there yet , quality is about on par with the stuff that came out of latin America 10 years ago , hopefully they get their stuff together and get it right .

I hear you on they are not there on quality yet. But at least they are listening. I have an 82 tub with some rust issues. Not buying any replacement parts until I actually get around to tackling the tub. Had the tub and frame for well over ten years but have zero money into it. What I've read it's generally better to be dealing patch panels versus large premade sections. Patch panel expect to have some mods to get it right depending on what you start with. 1/2 tub and more that the vendor has already welded components together risk more chances for things being wrong. Depending on what you have around the perimeter of the front probably not near as bad as a half tub that's the wrong length. If dealing with a different drivetrain that already has a fuel tank mounted to the frame would started with a late of tub as possible. Adding this to 82 tub will offer the best clearance for the transmission.
P1050982 (1).JPG

Axles to engine only piece originally imported to the US will be the bellhousing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom