Fj40 seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. I bought this fj about a year ago, and was lucky to find another parts fj to supply me about 3k in parts, a complete hardtop and side panels with great glass, as well as brown seats. From what I have researched, these appear to be pretty rare. Ive only seen one front seat in very poor condition, for about $600 alone. My seats need new foam and re-done but they are all there and are really unique. My question is, are these actually rare? If so, how rare? They are brown, in decent shape, and the jump seats are the long style.

IMG_5963.jpg
IMG_5962.jpg
IMG_5961.jpg
IMG_5960.jpg
IMG_5959.jpg

We also have a PTO winch. From what ive been told, its decently rare as well. We have this old Man-A-Fre price sheet for the PTO.
IMG_5965.jpg
IMG_5966.jpg

Probably reupholstered seats. Guessing by the jump seat frames they are from a late 69 to possibly 71. All those seats were gray. A lot of times the back make it easier to tell if upholstery is original.

I agree with Living in the Past. The pics look like you can still see the pleats through the brown covers. Look like they were covered over the original covers for the fronts? For the rears, look like long jump seats for a pre-rollbar rig recovered in brown.

I agree with Living in the Past. The pics look like you can still see the pleats through the brown covers. Look like they were covered over the original covers for the fronts? For the rears, look like long jump seats for a pre-rollbar rig recovered in brown.

Been busy with rebuilding an OEM carb for the fj40 and a few other things, but the winch still has my attention. I have seen a few threads on here about pto winches, but none of them really talk about pricing. I googled thor pto winch and an identical one to mine comes up, even though it was listed for a willys jeep.

Another forum on here gave a link to CruiserParts.net and it says

"Rare used factory Toyota FJ40 PTO Winch Kit fits 1963-1973 FJ40 w/3 speed. Also fits 1974-1978 w/ 4 speed.
Specify year upon ordering. Complete set up including PTO gear, shaft, shifter, winch, etc. $2,250"

If this is the same one as mine, i would assume its pretty rare and valuable.

I would love to know if anyone has more information on these winches, and or production numbers.

Thanks, Andrew

Anything from 1970 is getting pretty rare. A PTO winch is worth a good price to some guys. Unless you are looking to flip it I’d just install the winch, relish the fact that you have one and enjoy the comments from other 40 owners that wish they had one.

Anything from 1970 is getting pretty rare. A PTO winch is worth a good price to some guys. Unless you are looking to flip it I’d just install the winch, relish the fact that you have one and enjoy the comments from other 40 owners that wish they had one.

Yup. I have all the parts to the winch, but i can't have it installed currently because i have an afterkaerket header. Maybe sometime next winter i will try to do some heating and banging to fit the pto driveshaft.

It is cool to have a rare option on an fj40 because they werent very well optioned cars. They were all pretty much the same except color and model, and a few other obvious things in different years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom