Fj40 seat bolt holes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am installing bucket seats and a Tuffy center console using the bracket from Cool Cruisers. Unfortunately, the instructions say to use the seatbelt bracket bolts and my seatbelts attached directly to the seats (not the floor). My tub has threaded holes (look like M12) but I cannot find bolts that will fit. I tried M12 - 1.50 but cannot find the fine threaded 1.25. Can anyone suggest the correct bolt size?

The attached photos shows the brackets placed offset from the holes. Thanks for any advice. Maybe there is an insert I could use?

F1320A4F-DCB0-4F0B-A47F-2A6319E6039D.jpeg

hi,,

you have a late fj40

79-83 have a different floor pan then the early girls,,

and not many of the 79-83 made it in to the states,,

but if your 40 is in deed a US model try a 7/16 x20 fine threaded bolt ,, Toyota had to comply to US safety standards as such im almost positive there a standard size,,however if you must and you have access ,, the metric equivalent is 11mm fine thread, 1.25,, but in my experience they don't fit as well as the SAE size,,

Last edited:
hi,,

you have a late fj40

79-83 have a different floor pan then the early girls,,

and not many of the 79-83 made it in to the states,,

but if your 40 is in deed a US model try a 7/16 x20 fine threaded bolt ,, Toyota had to comply to US safety standards as such im almost positive there a standard size,,however if you must and you have access ,, the metric equivalent is 11mm fine thread, 1.25,, but in my experience they don't fit as well as the SAE size,,
It’s not US. Technically a 43 but that shouldn’t be a factor I’m thinking.

I appreciate the intel. Is there a source for these specs?

It’s not US. Technically a 43 but that shouldn’t be a factor I’m thinking.

I appreciate the intel. Is there a source for these specs?
Fastenal has a good collection. Here's some of their 7/16 x 20 bolts.

They have several local shops as well. I've been to one of their nearby locations several times for various springs, bolts, spacers trying to fab FJ40 stuff. Good collection in store and online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom