FJ40 Seat Belt Buckle push button repair (see picture) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
My driver and passenger side seat belt buckle push button are both broken. I called a seat belt repair company and they do not work on anything this old. Anyone know of someone who could repair these? I would just replace them but almost impossible to find. I can find generic but then the seat belt light will not work.
7448C38C-5218-41CA-B267-31EC55A25D06.jpeg
thanks...

I was in the exact same situation with my 1979 OEM belts. I decided that I would rather have all new belts and buckles that meet current ANSI specs than trust my life to a repair on a 40 year old buckle. I used Cruiser Corps belts, but they are really similar to several aftermarket options. When I disconnected the electrical connector to the drivers side buckle, the buzzer no longer buzzes on startup but the seatbelt light DOES still work. The light doesn't seem to be tied to the belt electrical connector, it just lights up as a reminder on startup to fasten your belt. It turns off after a few seconds just like it always did.

I have seen seatbelt planet mentioned somewhere on this forum. Their website show “repair” as one of their services. Maybe call customer support and if you do post up what you learn.
405-736-0088

Several MUD members have recommended Sharon'sWeb. Unfortunately she seems to be having some health issues, selling business. I shipped a set to her. After almost 6 months with no quote I had her send them back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom