Wanted FJ40 Roof, side panels and rear doors wanted. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in pursuit of a roof and rear/side corner panels and rear door set up. I currently have a tailgate but I’m not partial to it, I’d be happy to swap to ambulance doors.

I’m located in SoCal but willing to drive 150 miles in any direction for pickup.

Please reply or direct message me if you have any of these parts for sale.

I currently have a tailgate but I’m not partial to it, I’d be happy to swap to ambulance doors.

If your tailgate fits against the back of the tub which it mostly does ambulance doors would require enough work. Ambulance doors fit flush on the back. The sides and sill have a notch which would require a lot of body work if the notch is already there.

If your tailgate fits against the back of the tub which it mostly does ambulance doors would require enough work. Ambulance doors fit flush on the back. The sides and sill have a notch which would require a lot of body work if the notch is already there.
Good intel. Thanks. I’m not interested in doing a bunch of body work so maybe I’ll have to stick with my tailgate.

I can probably round up a pair of side panels, rear liftgate and liftgate header (what the liftgate hangs from). No roof panels.

I’m up the road in Burbank. Give me a jingle to follow up. My contact information is in my signature line. If you can’t see it, try turning your phone sideways. I don’t know why that works, it just does.

Here’s a quick pick of what I’m working with.

I just left a voice message for elder statesmen.

image.jpg

Doors and windshield look 1/75. Tub appears to be 1/75-1/79. If a US market tub it probably made for ambulance doors unless one of the few 75 production FST that were imported. Post a picture of the back of the tub and will be able tell if ambulance doors would fit. Other than the few 75 FST model everything else 1/75+ had ambulance doors in the US market. Might explain why I see an air gap at the top of the tailgate. If it has the notch I would go with ambulance doors but that's just me.

Doors and windshield look 1/75. Tub appears to be 1/75-1/79. If a US market tub it probably made for ambulance doors unless one of the few 75 production FST that were imported. Post a picture of the back of the tub and will be able tell if ambulance doors would fit. Other than the few 75 FST model everything else 1/75+ had ambulance doors in the US market. Might explain why I see an air gap at the top of the tailgate. If it has the notch I would go with ambulance doors but that's just me.
What great info, thanks.

Your comment about this tub originally being intended for ambulance doors makes great sense, this tailgate fits like crap. I’m open to converting to an ambulance door set up, I’m not partial to the tailgate.

I’m really just looking to get this thing sealed up and some paneling and a roof on it.

If you want to go the ambulance door route, I have some back doors, but I don’t think I have any panels left of that vintage.

Last edited:
I have these early side panels.

I have these early side panels.
Those side panels aren’t quite right for my 75. Thank you however for following up. I noticed in your ad you reference having a top available, no Chance you still have that?

if you put a hardtop on it, are you going to park it inside the garage?
looks like it will be very close to fitting under the door.
you may want to measure above the rollbar as it passes under the door, the hardtop sticks above the rollbar a few inches

I just posted an ad for a 1978 hardtop with ambulance doors. I’m in Seattle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom