Fj40 roof dimensions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I still am trying to find out if anyone has accurate dimensions for a 1974 fj40 roof. I think the previous owner may have trimmed the lip where it is rivetted to the steel gutter. I am planning on fixing the edge and filling all old holes so need to know how much to add on. Cant test fit as car is in pieces. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

16278316977714130420260697756128.jpg

Don't know if this will help or not but I'll put it out there anyway. Do you have the metal gutter edge? If not get it in hand and then the next part may be the hardest. Wait until the rebuild gets to the stage where you can put the top sides in place. This will allow you to put the metal gutter in place and ensure the proper shape and fit. Then make your measurement with the fiberglass sitting in place. It will give you the best visual and measurements needed before you start repairing the fiberglass. It's what I would do.

Don't know if this will help or not but I'll put it out there anyway. Do you have the metal gutter edge? If not get it in hand and then the next part may be the hardest. Wait until the rebuild gets to the stage where you can put the top sides in place. This will allow you to put the metal gutter in place and ensure the proper shape and fit. Then make your measurement with the fiberglass sitting in place. It will give you the best visual and measurements needed before you start repairing the fiberglass. It's what I would do.
Cheers for this, I think this is the best plan. I may just make it too big and trim into the new gutter is back on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom