FJ40 respray... -Dialup warning- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day all.

After a long search for a good shorty, I found one.
It had extractors, dual fuel, CD player and good speakers, old man emu shockers, "33 inchers, sunraysia rims, and false floor.

Anyways, enough bragging.

fj40.JPG

I just dropped her of to get the rust cut out, and a total respray to original Toyota color code

Bloke's a legend, and is doing it for a good price, just wanted to tell someone that cares. Current 'missus' doesnt really.

We have the big bumpers cause we know what looks good, and performs its purpose...

The bug screen now has a nice sticker...

"Full Metal Jacket"

As in the car has a full metal jacket, and I use FMJ bullets ;)

BTW, this is a online before and after thread...

must be for hitting kangaroos...

that bug shield rocks i need one, those bumpers are for running down the aberigians (however you spell it)

I didn't think they let you Aussies have guns.......guess bullets are OK ;)

7.62 said:
We have the big bumpers cause we know what looks good, and performs its purpose...

The bug screen now has a nice sticker...

"Full Metal Jacket"

As in the car has a full metal jacket, and I use FMJ bullets ;)

Can you post a bigger picture? I can barely see that one :flipoff2:

Yeah, we are allowed guns, just not self loading guns...

Just wait till the after photo's. That will be heaps better.
Please dont start me on our gun laws, I will rant for hours about it...

My old bar was damaged, so I got this one of a 71 Range rover...
It is there for kangaroo protection, and other things...

You do serioulsy need one here. Not as big as that one I know, bot roo's can really smash your car up...

Youd fit right in with the backwoods deep south sportin' that jungle gym on the front! Is that Dueling Banjos in the background I hear??? :flipoff2:

I noticed that the windshield hinges look like pre 75 units. You might want to get some 75 or later hinges before the bodywork starts, in case you ever want to fold the windshield down. The wiper motor box will hit the cowl before the W/S frame hits the stops on the hood. Probabably doesn't matter though cause the W/S will rest nicely on the bugshield :D :D :D My 40 has this exact thing going on cause I still haven't changed my hinges to the newer style after I went to wipers on the bottom.

By the way, what are extractors???

I'm surprised no one mentioned the custom lower bug screen or the upside down bezel. The bezel police must be off today. How often do you see a 40 with a full floater rear in the states. Probably has the H41 transmission too. You Aussies got all the good stuff.

John

The piece that goes around your headlights and grill. That is the bezel. Make sure you have it with the thickest part at the top. Or the Bezel police will be all over you. lol

Well I got my baby back after the body work, and respray..

Pictures dont do it justice...
Here she is anyways...

big%20nights!%20001.jpg

big%20nights!%20002.jpg

that's definitely night and day improvement! Can you expand on what type of paint work you've had done, ie paint type, stages, etc etc, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom