Wanted FJ40 PTO winch mounting shim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there were a few threads that talked about recasting the PTO mounting shims, but those efforts seem to have gone dormant.

Does anyone have one of the large shims for sale so that I can mount my fully refurbished PTO winch?

thanks in advance.

I know there were a few threads that talked about recasting the PTO mounting shims, but those efforts seem to have gone dormant.

Does anyone have one of the large shims for sale so that I can mount my fully refurbished PTO winch?

thanks in advance.
Im assuming ur talking about the shims for mounting the winch it self. They have popped up from time to time while i was doing my build, but its been a few years sine I’ve been very active here. If i recall somewhere in this forum, u can find the dimensions of the shims. I ended up just making a set. It was a little time consuming, but not difficult. I welded up some flat stock, and ground it down to size. It looks and works fine.

Noticed Home Depot has similar wedges in the metal conduit wall hanger section. If I didn't have a set that's what I would have used. Might be worth a look.

Was similar to below but casted
Screenshot_20230619_105456_Firefox.jpg

I did a set of 6061 units a while back and can do another if their is interest. They were $50 a set and I have been using them without issue for years

How many shims are required and why do 2 of them have a large hole and 2 a small hole? I can send you the dimensions of these if it helps you. Not sure what some of the other bits and bobs are for.
IMG_8155.png

Those are not factory shims! Factory shims are cast and are degreed, to make up for the frame angle.

I can help with these if someone has an original to send me or has accurate dimensions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom