Wanted FJ40 Power Steering cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for stock FJ40 Power Steering cooler for 1979-1983. I have everything else but this.

I have one, however I need it for my complete setup. I wonder if I can take it and have one bent. I will check into it on monday

I have one too... is this something I can send to Classic Tube to have a few stainless ones bent? Can we coordinate a group buy? I'm not using mine at the moment, but once my truck is running... I don't see myself sending it off for copies.

Anyone have experience with them?

Classic Tube

I have one too... is this something I can send to Classic Tube to have a few stainless ones bent? Can we coordinate a group buy? I'm not using mine at the moment, but once my truck is running... I don't see myself sending it off for copies.

Classic Tube
Keep me posted. Unfortunately $$$$ is always an issue

Classic Tube
I would heavily consider this. I assume we can get the fittings from a place like McMaster Carr.

I believe if I send this in, they keep the file to be able to reproduce as many as they want. So, there should not be a need for a group purchase. Those wanting one can just order it from them online.

Has anyone bought the brake lines from them? The cooler line doesn't have any fitting. It's a low pressure line and the clamps that bolt the line to the frame is the only real obstacle I see here.

I would heavily consider this. I assume we can get the fittings from a place like McMaster Carr.

No fittings on the cooler tube. Just beaded ends for the hose.

Okay... I just received a box from an Amazon order that looks like the perfect dimensions for this. I think I'll loose my s*** if this gets lost or destroyed in transit. I'll contact Classic Tube tomorrow with my questions and follow up with everyone here once I can get a quote. I prefer having a backup, but I don't like to horde parts either & this seems like a good solution for everyone.

Okay... I just received a box from an Amazon order that looks like the perfect dimensions for this. I think I'll loose my s*** if this gets lost or destroyed in transit. I'll contact Classic Tube tomorrow with my questions and follow up with everyone here once I can get a quote. I prefer having a backup, but I don't like to horde parts either & this seems like a good solution for everyone.
We are in the same boat. I'll offer to pay for shipping cost if you choose to do this (ship it with good padding so it does not get damage). I feel it is only fair. When you are ready, PM me.

Called Classic Tube today and spoke to Cliff. I had a couple questions regarding your options once an estimate is made. If they can reproduce the cooler line, it sounds like you can place an order for one in OE steel or stainless. I'll provide additional updates once they have a chance to evaluate the cooler line and provide an estimate.

I'll take photos of the cooler line and post it here before shipping it out later this week.

Last edited:
Neato! If they can make one i'll get one as well!!

I have one in Atl. it came from a 79, it has all the clips and the 2 low pressure hoses.
Been in the basement hanging on the wall for the last 20 or so yrs.

$100 plus shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom