FJ40 Pics from "Back in the day" (70's, 80's) (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have pictures from back in the day? To get started, this is me in front of my Dad's '75. Picture was taken in August of 1977. The 'cruiser had burbank springs, 32 inch Tru-Tracs on White spokers, Downey header, Holley carb and a Warn winch. My Dad used to take me on club runs in a car seat! I'd love to find this rig again. Hopefully it's aged better than I have!
baby scott landcruiser.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures from "back in the day". The first picture has my grandfather kneeling down in about 1973. The second picture is my mom holding my older sister in the fall of 1973. And the third picture is around 1977.

:cheers:
old pics0002.jpg
old pics0001.jpg
old pics0003.jpg

Late 70's, 67 cruiser with 401 Buick, Case 580 radiator, Holley 500 2bbl, chrome spokes, chrome bezel, Cougar XR7 seats, formerly light blue, repainted black

nailhead-albums-67-landcruiser-picture3905-toyota2.jpg

You guys are making me feel old!

Not a Cruiser pic, but here is my '73(?) F-250 that I just drove across the Dewey Bridge northeast of Moab, circa 1978:

DeweyBridge1978.jpg

April 1977 when my Father bought the Cruiser.
A-FJ40-1977-k.jpg

The black things between bumper and fender were OEM and necessary in Germany, even the corners on the bumper. (OEM 55 model corners.)

First Denmark vacation with the Cruiser in 1977.
Peter.Sadtler-1977.jpg

Peter.Sadtler-1977a.jpg

I took that picture myself when we traveled to Denmark....
Peter.Sadtler-1977-Landysch.jpg

The poor fellows had to catch a ferry to Sweden and the LR radiator was leaking.

After the first repainting and some accessories added, some wheeling.
A-FJ40-1977a-k.jpg

Someday my father bought another 4x4 but we kept the LC for fun, i seperated the rig completely and did a rebuilt that suits my desires.;)
Thats how the FJ looks nowadays after beeing a part of my life for 31 years.
btt2007-.jpg

lc-fj-2008.jpg

80504_P1.jpg

True love travels on a gravel road.......:cheers:

That stripe is both unique and beautiful. Nice truck and thread.

Thanks, I'd really like to find that truck again. It was my Dad's pride and joy. He sold it after installing Burbank springs that made the ride unbearable. Later, he got a '76 with a SBC that I learned to drive in when I was 9 and he currently has a stock '72 but none as nice as that '75. If I could ever locate it I'd restore it to the condition in these pics and give it back to Dad.

1965 cruiser not sure when pic was taken
my sister born in 1971 sitting down, and bro born 1969.
283 chev V8 3spd on the floor.

Judging by the Polaroid and counting the rings in the driftwood log....I'd guess '73-'74;)

Note that everything "back in the day" was a trail rig, not a rock rig. When we wheeled in the 70's we got alot of rock damage because we were not set up for rocks. Boy, that use to piss us off, we use to avoid rocks like the plague. Today about the only wheelin done is rock runs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom