Wanted FJ40 Parts wanted: Any one like to trade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to get rid of some unneeded parts and I am looking for the following parts to complete some projects:
  • 2F 4-speed bellhousing
  • H42 transmission- rebuildable is fine - to be mated to a 3-speed transfer case
  • Early style FJ40 passenger door - wing window style-to be used for a half door project. Shell would be prefered and I can do bodywork.
  • FJ40 or 45 SWB Tailgate - Any condition desired. I have the hinges
I have a 1972 FJ55 body that I am going to transplant with a better donor very shortly. I am willing to trade some parts for some of the items listed above. I also have a complete set of doors off a 1976 FJ55. I can provide pictures of specific parts if needed. Please PM.

I would prefer to trade parts for parts with local cruiserheads, but also willing to do the conventioanl $ thing if that's what it takes. I also am willing to deliver or meet in so cal area to save shipping hassles.

Thanks,

Tim:steer:

Last edited:
local would mean you would have to tell us where you are?;)

why bugcatcher doors? why not early 70s regular vent window doors? they'll be easier to find than bug catchers.

Got a 2F bellhousing in good condition. It's off an early FJ60.

I may be in the burbank area later this month but I also have a friend that goes to Temecula frequently.

I don't know if this stuff will help, but I have a set of doors from a '71 fj40 (the bottoms are rusted and need body work on the inside) asking $85 for pair and I have a FJ45 tailgate that was made for me and needs a home (never been used and primed, however it has the word TOY on it instead of Toyota) asking $200
It's here in GA, so it may be a last resort if you can't find anything for it to be shipped to you.
71 FJ40 Parts 020.jpg
71 FJ40 Parts 018.jpg
71 FJ40 Parts 019.jpg

Here is the tailgate
fj40 parts 269.jpg
fj40 parts 268.jpg

local would mean you would have to tell us where you are?;)

why bugcatcher doors? why not early 70s regular vent window doors? they'll be easier to find than bug catchers.

Ok, I am in Temecula, CA- So CAL - and thanks for the note on the doors, I revised it- looking for wing window style

Got a 2F bellhousing in good condition. It's off an early FJ60.

I may be in the burbank area later this month but I also have a friend that goes to Temecula frequently.

Dave, may take you up on the bellhousing-what are you asking for it? Also-Need any XR parts? I have a few of those as well;)

Thanks,

Tim

I don't know if this stuff will help, but I have a set of doors from a '71 fj40 (the bottoms are rusted and need body work on the inside) asking $85 for pair and I have a FJ45 tailgate that was made for me and needs a home (never been used and primed, however it has the word TOY on it instead of Toyota) asking $200
It's here in GA, so it may be a last resort if you can't find anything for it to be shipped to you.

I will keep you in mind for the doors,

Thanks,

Tim

I do have the wing window that goes with them and the glass... they were just taken apart when we had them sandblasted. But I just thought I would let you know since I'm always sending parts out that way.
71 FJ40 Parts 012.jpg
71 FJ40 Parts 035.jpg

I have a rebuild able H42 that you can have for $25 plus shipping from 05403. It was pulled from an 84FJ60.

Whatcha got XR related?

Dave,

I have a swingarm, a couple of headlights, stock fender bags, some cables, and few other small odds and ends that I used to keep on hand for spare parts. Need anything specific? I will check and see what else I may have in the garage that may meet your needs.

Thanks,

Tim

I have an early passenger door with a messed up upper section you can have for $30.

And I'm local.;)

FYI, an FJ60 bellhousing does not have all three holes for the motor mount brackets. In fact some of them had NONE.

Best

Mark A.

I have an early passenger door with a messed up upper section you can have for $30.

And I'm local.;)

FYI, an FJ60 bellhousing does not have all three holes for the motor mount brackets. In fact some of them had NONE.

Best

Mark A.

Mark,

I think we may be talking soon about that door. I also appreciate the heads up about the bellhousing

I will try to call you when I can get a free moment from work. May be taking some time off and can blast up to Burbank.

Tim

Dave,

I have a swingarm, a couple of headlights, stock fender bags, some cables, and few other small odds and ends that I used to keep on hand for spare parts. Need anything specific? I will check and see what else I may have in the garage that may meet your needs.

Thanks,

Tim

I'm definitely in need of a rear fender bag. I am interested in other parts as spares too so I'm sure we could make something work.

I'm definitely in need of a rear fender bag. I am interested in other parts as spares too so I'm sure we could make something work.

Dave,

Sounds like your bell housing may not work anyway.

But Anyone who appreciates XR's and Cruisers is ok in my book.

So PM me your address and I will send you the fender bag ( I may even fill it with some extra goodies for ya ;))- you just cover the shipping. Besides, I may need a guide for some sierra dual sport riding one of these day's

Tim

I will be rolling through Temecula friday afternoon (tomorrow) so I could haul the stuff to Dave-T.

Dan,

Thanks for the offer and sorry I did not see this sooner, I would have extended an invite for lunch in town.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom