Wanted FJ40 Parts... 75 stock tire carrier, tailgate/latch, bench seat, soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hola,

Looking for some missing parts for my 3/75 fj40... If you have any of these say the word!

Thanks!
~Al :beer:

I guess the one I have must be earlier because it mounts on the passenger side. I assume you are looking for the on for the drivers side.

Sorry!!

No problemo. Thanks for the help anyway.

And you are correct. Drivers side.

The 75 and 76 model were the only two years that used that style in the US. 1/75 to 8/76 so not a very long run. The catch that fits on the bed is different also. Would be sure you get that as well.

I have this, I went with the 4Plus Carrier instead :

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414276457.752163.jpg

I have a driver side sheet metal style (non-tube like above) latch and catch. If you find a carrier and need these parts, let me know.

Last edited:
1975 hardtops have the spare tire mounted on the driver side. 1975 factory soft tops had the spare tire mounted on the passenger side from the factory.

Thanks for help everyone. I got the correct factory spare tire carrier heading my way, flat steel~ drivers side mounted.

77TLCFJ40 ~ I will take the latch and catch for the carrier.

Erik Thanks for the post but I guess it's not the correct style for my 40.

image.jpg
Hi there

I know a guy that does OEM soft tops, send me a pm and I will give you his email. They come in 4 colours

Giles

i have the square one from an early 76 fj40. should work and in good shape, located in tulsa.

i have a grey kayline top and doors, clean, one 3" part of one zipper needs sown back in. email me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom