FJ40 part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what these are from? I found them in a box of my fj40 parts. Could be from a ‘72 I owned, but they don’t look familiar. Maybe just mixed in from some other junk I have laying around.

A7F48578-3D98-4C66-96B1-72F70C46263B.jpeg

Thought all the green red dash lights had a threaded housing held in place by a nut on the back side. This is true on the FJ25s I've owned and up to my 73 FST for the brake warning light.

I've stripped a bunch of these off cruisers over the years. Only difference is some used a plastic piece threaded on the back to isolate the bulb ground.

Want to sell them? I need a check engine light for my ‘71

I'm not so sure those are FJ40 dashlights. They appear to be domed. Can you post a side shot?

These are not OEM. OEM are domed but recessed with a larger chrome ring around them. Curious was there a check engine light in 71. Believe 71 had the brake light but do not remember any check light. Was it a EGR light on the 76/77 in with the seatbelt and brake warning lights on the bracket mounted below the dash, left of the steering wheel?

I'm not so sure those are FJ40 dashlights. They appear to be domed. Can you post a side shot?

the bigREdrocker is correct :)

These are NOT Toyota parts ...........

rather maybe Pin-Ball machine lights etc 🤔

these are Toyota factory iN-DASH indicators lights ...........

DSCN1672.JPG
DSCN1673.JPG
DSCN1676.JPG
DSCN1677.JPG

I've stripped a bunch of these off cruisers over the years. Only difference is some used a plastic piece threaded on the back to isolate the bulb ground.
the bigREdrocker is correct :)

These are NOT Toyota parts ...........

rather maybe Pin-Ball machine lights etc 🤔

these are Toyota factory iN-DASH indicators lights ...........

View attachment 2345692View attachment 2345693View attachment 2345694View attachment 2345695

Thanks for the pictures. They show some with the black plastic piece on the back used to isolate the ground. I know the 4WD used the isolated ground. Turn signal indicators didn't. Only FJ40 I have with this style brake light is my 73 FST. It's in another location so I can't check it out. Poor thing has been waiting over twenty five years for me to work on it. :bang:

Thanks for the pictures. They show some with the black plastic piece on the back used to isolate the ground. I know the 4WD used the isolated ground. Turn signal indicators didn't. Only FJ40 I have with this style brake light is my 73 FST. It's in another location so I can't check it out. Poor thing has been waiting over twenty five years for me to work on it. :bang:

perhaps John,

its time for a set and the extra odd single ones of TOYOTAmatt's LED SUPER Max in-dash update indicators ? :popcorn:

🤔

How much work will it take to make the 73 FST drivable again. :steer:

perhaps John,

its time for a set and the extra odd single ones of TOYOTAmatt's LED SUPER Max in-dash update indicators ? :popcorn:

🤔

At this point would be like polishing a turd.
IMG_20200505_165605643_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200505_165635093.jpg

How much work will it take to make the 73 FST drivable again. :steer:

Shortly after I bought it I got i running. Only problem was when I moved the ignition switch off start it died. Cruiser was kind of a sore subject around the house. Had just bought another cruiser shortly before to get the 78 2F four speed and transfer case. So just pushed it aside. Later removed the transfer case to trade for FJ25 parts. Person wanted to be sure the input gear matched the mating gear. Could have given him another one with a input gear I had but that's not how I do things. So would take a transfer case and ignition switch at the very least. Both of which I have more than one of. Between the cost of insurance and the fees the state has added that quadrupled the cost to register old vehicles doesn't make sense just to get it running. It came with the bows, doors, reverse light and the correct headrests so really think it should be restored.

@Living in the Past ......I was slightly perplexed with the hubs on there. I have never seen anything like these. Can you provide more details on these (brand, etc...). Looks like they take an XXXL standard screwdriver to turn them?

1592713726620.png

@Living in the Past ......I was slightly perplexed with the hubs on there. I have never seen anything like these. Can you provide more details on these (brand, etc...). Looks like they take an XXXL standard screwdriver to turn them?

View attachment 2346442

The cruiser is in another location. Going from memory these actually turn fairly easy. The outside of the knob is checker and have been able to turn by hand. I purchased from someone in 1994. The PO hadn't registered it since 1988. I've never driven it. He was a firefighter and had located a Chevy 1966 SS convertible in a garage when on a call and ended up buying it he just wanted the FJ40 out of his garage. He overheard me talking Land Cruisers at fire station and broke in and asked if I wanted to buy another one. This was even his regular station and was just filling in a shift. Made me a offer too good to pass up. Didn't have the space for it at the time but made it work. I was doing a HVAC call at the station and just happen to mention Land Cruisers. How is that for fate?

If the truck starts in the Start position, but dies when you release the key back to the Run position, it is likely that the ballast resistor is bad or not wired correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom