Fj40 Part ID? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can any of you well informed folks help me figure out what this part is and where it goes? Found it in my pile of parts and I'm not even sure its for my fj40.

20220905_140610.jpg

It doesn't look familiar. I can only guess, but I think it might be a henway.

Often people, myself included,’acquire’ non Landcruiser parts to try and fix something for which the original part is no longer available. The part does not look familiar to me, but I would start off by finding out if the threaded end is even metric.

If 6mm, it might be a candidate to replace the pivot bolt on the accelerator pump arm of the carb. Or a door limiter pin.
If 8mm, then as @byron suggested, it might be a candidate for a seat pivot bolt.

Often people, myself included,’acquire’ non Landcruiser parts to try and fix something for which the original part is no longer available. The part does not look familiar to me, but I would start off by finding out if the threaded end is even metric.

If 6mm, it might be a candidate to replace the pivot bolt on the accelerator pump arm of the carb. Or a door limiter pin.
If 8mm, then as @byron suggested, it might be a candidate for a seat pivot bolt.
The thread diameter is almost 10mm (not sure if its metric or not yet) and its about 1.8 inches long. Head diameter is .984". Too big for a door limiter pin. I thought maybe a linkage pin for trany or t-case but that doesn't seem to be the case either that I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom