FJ40 Painless Wiring Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all. I was wondering if anyone has done a detailed photo documentation of their painless wiring experience? Also, where would be the best place to mount the fuse box?

Yeah, I've had the kit for about 10 years now. I bought it for my 1st 40 in high school that never made it in. The wiring in my 72 is crapping out. Figured I'd finally use it since most of it was converted to gm before I bought it.

I had planned on going to the glovebox, but in the end my mechanic decided it would be easier to put it back to the stock location on drivers kickpanel...

Jonny

Yeah, I've had the kit for about 10 years now. I bought it for my 1st 40 in high school that never made it in. The wiring in my 72 is crapping out. Figured I'd finally use it since most of it was converted to gm before I bought it.

Just because I have a 1 year old brand new (in box) for landcruiser/scout, weatherproof, cost me 600 selling it for 33% less.

Good looking out pistorman and thanks for you input Jonny.

I had planned on going to the glovebox, but in the end my mechanic decided it would be easier to put it back to the stock location on drivers kickpanel...

Jonny

that's where I put mine - fabbed a bracket for it

I'm installing one in my 71 now. I put it in roughly the stock location. It is wider and sticks out farther than teh stock fuse panel so I re-installed the heater to get a feel for where to locate it with minimal obstruction. I also moved it up about 1.5 inches, just in case.

What I have found so far:

1) There is no wiring harness for the wiper motor or heater fan, just power to the wiper and fan switches, nothing going to either motor
2) No wiring for the hazard switch, you'll have to tap into turn signal wires yourself.
3)

the stock locations for fuseblocks on a '71 and '72 are different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom