FJ40 owner again...look what the cat dragged in... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
(Hey guys, just posted this on the mothership (IH8MUD) and NC cruiser site)..could use some assistance posting pics..thanks..

..to my wife's surprise today I purchased a 67FJ40 (recently sold my 72FJ40)...some info on her...PO bought it from California 5 years ago (it's true what I have heard, dry climate=minimal rust damage!!), she didn't need too much work, fixed a few things and drove her around on and off...work took time away from putting more hands on with the FJ so it sat on his parent's property for a few years...however his dad would crank her up everyday and drive her around his neighborhood...anyway they thought it was time to let her go so I got word form LakeNormanFJ40 that he saw it for sale and here we are....looks like she is mostly stock (90%) with a few minor mods, original F engine and carb., roll bar, front and jump seats need to be repaired or replaced (no biggie), three on the tree (I am going to have to get use to this), frame and chasis virtually rust free, body is great condition no major rust through areas or rot just some minor, minor surface rust and two areas where bondo was used but not b/c of rust/rot but to repair a very minor bang up, she has the cruiser lean!!....brakes need to be worked on (brake pedal goes all the way to the floor!!) nothing major, some friends and I am are going to replace the rear wheel cylinders and brake pads and see what happens, may buy a brake kit from JT Outfitters or Man a fre....I am sure as the days go by I will find other things to work on but fortunately this FJ does not require too much...I will post my progress as it happens...look forward to the input, feedback and assistance.....Roger
...P.S...I have tried for 45 minutes to upload pics from my computer but I keep getting an error...pics are JPEG image...can that be the problem, the images may be too big..anyone have ideas on how to make them smaller??...as soon as I can figure it out I will submit pics...if anyone can help I would appreciate it (when I had my 72FJ I was able to load pics...weird, may jpegs were smaller)...

Got pics...

Howdy...I was able to shrink the pixels and can post pics...thanks...

Last edited:
Hey cool lookin rig...first off do not buy anything from JT Outfitters....no one in this club has ever had success with JT. If you need front wheel cylinders I have brand new ones....also have a front axle housing. The ball and claw are already spoken for.....I have some other 40 stuff so if ya need something just let me know.. good luck man

Chuck

Chuck, thanks for the heads up on JT...looking for 4 rear wheel cylinders, brake shoes and rear brake hose...I will see about the front and may hit you up for those front wheel cylinders....unless (here is where I show my novice side) the front wheel cylinders can work for the back/rear....thanks again, I will see what else I require and let you know..would like to see pics of your 68... I hope to get the brakes working properly so I can take her out and try a simple, low-key trail run at URE (if there is such a thing as a simple, low-key, beginners trail run!!)...Roger

Congrats... '67 is the best year ever! That's what I tell myself anyway. Got my almost rust free 40 from California too.

Looks very nice.

I doubt you need them, but I have rear axle shafts (course spline) that you can have for a beer.

Nice 40! I think I need one soon so I can cruise around town with the top off all summer and sweat my butt off. :)

thanks..

..for the props guys...Steenh, I may take you up on that offer!!...I will be tackling brakes/axles area in a few weeks...thanks for the offer and if needed then you'll let me know your flavor of beer!!...Roger

Good looking Cruiser! Seems to be in better shape than the blue one you had. Nice upgrade!!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom