fj40 newbie needs some advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all,

I recently bought a 1970 fj40 and have to go pick it up. The fj is in rough shape and not safe to drive home. I figured I would have no trouble renting an autotransporter (all four wheels off ground) from uhaul and pulling it with my 2000 tundra (v8 sr5 4wd). of course uhaul said no (wouldnt be a safe tow) My tundra is rated at 7100 towing capicity and i have the factory tow package. What do you guys think? Is uhaul full of it or is this a legit concern?
side notes-
the fj has no top or doors
the transporter weighs 2200 pounds
only going 100 miles or so

thanks for the help

thanks guys. gonna go get her tuesday evening. hopefully uhaul will let me rent if i tell them its a 86 mr2 ;)
pics to follow!!

Never, ever tell the sales drone at Uhaul what you are actually going to use it for. Doing so provides them the opportunity to say no. Tell them you are moving an awkwardly-shaped thing like a kid's playset or something light. You will be fine.

And never ever tell them you are using a Ford Exploder as a tow vehicle. They will deny it everytime due to the past liability.

reserved it today, told em i was taking an 89 mr2. good to go now all i have to do is put my timbrens on and reconnect my sway bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom