For Sale Fj40 misc dome lights, oil caps, shifter knob all $5 each. Wa. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fj40 misc dome lights, oil caps, shifter knob most are $5 each. Wa. thanks Dave.
Note the dome light with cover is $10 still a great deal!

8y9qq4OnREGKw7cvlxa4pQ.jpg

all dome light please

the 3 above, 1 with cover and 2 without

Can someone please explain? Since we can only see what is written here, it appears FJ404345 clarified he only wanted the 3 plastic "dome" lamps pictured. No one wrote they wanted the lamp frame and bracket at the bottom LH side of the photo, so I asked if I could buy it seeing I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes. Matt for some reason writes that it's sold, and I can't see where that happened. Now something above is writing about a telephone? What's up? This is all very screwed up. Was I supposed to make a phone call first to some number or get permission from some phantom just to let Dave know I would buy something he is selling?

Those of you who have sold things to me before know I am not trying to push my way ahead of anyone, that I always emphatically put into writing openly that I will buy your item and always follow through true to my word, that I more often than not, am late to the sales party, and have zero intention of harming anyone. Am I fishing in someone's private pond?

all dome light please
Let's make it simple, I changed my mind again, I was first in writing and wrote "all" first :cool:

Problem solved !

Can someone please explain? Since we can only see what is written here, it appears FJ404345 clarified he only wanted the 3 plastic "dome" lamps pictured. No one wrote they wanted the lamp frame and bracket at the bottom LH side of the photo, so I asked if I could buy it seeing I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes. Matt for some reason writes that it's sold, and I can't see where that happened. Now something above is writing about a telephone? What's up? This is all very screwed up. Was I supposed to make a phone call first to some number or get permission from some phantom just to let Dave know I would buy something he is selling?

Those of you who have sold things to me before know I am not trying to push my way ahead of anyone, that I always emphatically put into writing openly that I will buy your item and always follow through true to my word, that I more often than not, am late to the sales party, and have zero intention of harming anyone. Am I fishing in someone's private pond?
Sorry I had more than 3 buyers looking for the same parts within minutes of each other. While I was typing a response more came in.. Matt called at 6.03 Pacificas time said he wanted that part and othersI will look around tomorrow as I may have another bracket for you. If I can find one I will sell it to you for $1 . Dave

Last edited:
Dave,

You are a gentleman among many and I appreciate it. You know, it's not worth fussing over. For years, I have spoken with other good guys on Mud about the need for a sales policy that everyone agrees to follow. The suggestion is: only members that state in writing on a for-sale post their clear unequivocal agreement to buy an item will be honored in the order of their posting. Not hemming and hawing, not asking for more info or photos, not claiming a "position" by writing "Interested," not having to ask their spouse for permission, not emailing via another channel, not telephoning or saying "dibs" for my buddy, not "holding a place for Bill, or Bob, or Joe," but just simply responding to a written for-sale offering by responding back in writing for all to see and understand. Very plain and very simple. No exceptions. And, you know, being Man enough to have an inner sense of pride and respect to treat everyone honorably.

However, I don't run this website, and my opinion is just that--my opinion. If there already exits a "rule," we should ALL know and follow it. If not, how about creating one that is fair and equitable. Hopefully, some day others may see the problems that are created by everybody jumping all over themselves for some stupid car part, and discover a better, kinder, fairer way to buy things without undercutting each other. It's not the first time, and won't be the last time.

Thanks for the offer. I'm fine. No biggie. Thanks for your thoughts. Out.

MS

Dave,

You are a gentleman among many and I appreciate it. You know, it's not worth fussing over. For years, I have spoken with other good guys on Mud about the need for a sales policy that everyone agrees to follow. The suggestion is: only members that state in writing on a for-sale post their clear unequivocal agreement to buy an item will be honored in the order of their posting. Not hemming and hawing, not asking for more info or photos, not claiming a "position" by writing "Interested," not having to ask their spouse for permission, not emailing via another channel, not telephoning or saying "dibs" for my buddy, not "holding a place for Bill, or Bob, or Joe," but just simply responding to a written for-sale offering by responding back in writing for all to see and understand. Very plain and very simple. No exceptions. And, you know, being Man enough to have an inner sense of pride and respect to treat everyone honorably.

However, I don't run this website, and my opinion is just that--my opinion. If there already exits a "rule," we should ALL know and follow it. If not, how about creating one that is fair and equitable. Hopefully, some day others may see the problems that are created by everybody jumping all over themselves for some stupid car part, and discover a better, kinder, fairer way to buy things without undercutting each other. It's not the first time, and won't be the last time.

Thanks for the offer. I'm fine. No biggie. Thanks for your thoughts. Out.

MS
Thanks I try to reply as fast as I can. I had 3 or 4 people wanting the speedo's and cables parts also . Some don't read the add completely. Still waiting on reply
Some said " I take it all " I have no idea what items there talking about...Confusing at times. Dave

Fj40 misc dome lights, oil caps, shifter knob most are $5 each. Wa. thanks Dave.
Note the dome light with cover is $10 still a great deal!

View attachment 2574870

Dave and Bear

after reviewing the order of events in this ad , i now see BEAR was 1 second ahead of me fair and square in the public viewing platform here in the forum

i do not know who or if any one PM's prior to making a public post like i did

But 1 HUGE fact is at Play here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bear and I have been solid mud buddies for many many years , he has taught me much on the pull switch topic , and simply put

it appears he called on it first ....

I am a big boy and can admit openly i may have jumped the gun on bear , this is the first time i have been back here to see this

I WANT bear to have the metal dome lamp room light

that's both fair and the right thing to do here .................

Bear my friend , Im sorry i was caught up in all the excitement , simply put :confused:

kindly matt

Thank-you, Matt. Still hoping for some policy we all can follow to prevent mixups in the future. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom