FJ40 mechanical fuel pump fitment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm looking to change out my electric fuel pump for a mechanical one, tired of the issues with the electrical. I have a 350 SBC swap and have run into the issue of fitment of the mechanic fuel pump. My buddy has a similar set up and has an inverted fuel pump that fits next to the motor mount without issue. I CAN NOT find this anywhere.... Any advice?

My other option is to put a water separator/fuel filter then my electric fuel pump with a pressure regulator and gauge....s*** North East gas is a problem.

Thanks for the help!

unnamed.jpg

You have to replace that motor mount system with weld in motor mounts from Advance Adapters. It's a big job. We just did it on a friend's. Lots of cutting and grinding and welding with the motor in there it's tight.

it would seem to me you could just fab up a different style of mount.
change how the plate goes from the frame to the engine block.

what were the problems with the electric fuel pumps I ran them for years on multiple SBC cruisers without problems

yes. this same style engine mount kept me from being able to add power steering and a mechanical fuel pump (i was having issues with electric pumps)

i bought the Advance Adapters engine mount kit through summit racing.....

it was not a hard install, but required cutting off the OEM mounts to fit the pump either way. if you can weld and cut, do it. it is just a cramped space to do all of that in.

i can take some pics if youd like.

My electric pump gets stuck and builds up 14+ PSI, this is a summer weekend driver so it sits a fair amount, i'm looking for pure reliability, i'm not looking to rebuild or replace fuel pumps on the regular. Plus on the less important side the noise annoys me in the truck, although my magnaflow makes it hard to hear. Can i see some pictures of this adapter under_psi? My other option i'm considering is the edelbrock 120 electric pump that is supposedly internally regulated.....anyone use this one before with good results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom