Wanted FJ40 Main Cowl Wiring Harness 1972 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
I fried my main wiring harness, so need to find a good harness to rewire my FJ40.

I do have a PM to @Coolerman and a call into @65swb45 , to see if they may have one, so fingers crossed!

Anyone else?

Do you need the whole harness or just a wire or two?
I am told the WHOLE harness unfortunately....

Need to rip mine out and start fresh. Want to secure one before I rip the old one out.

Your previous thread indicated that you would be interested in a ‘71 as well. Well, I just got back from a trip up the ladder into the bowels of storage and saw only one 1972 harness, and it was marked “incomplete, alternator wires missing”. ☹️There was also a ‘71, so I opened it and immediately remembered the sea-change difference: ‘71 was the last year with the fuse block next to the gas pedal/ underneath the leaky cowl vent.😛

I did find a harness from a ‘73 FJ55 I bought back in the 1980s. 🤔And another box of rear corner glass for the 40 series that I’d forgotten about. D’oh.

Your previous thread indicated that you would be interested in a ‘71 as well. Well, I just got back from a trip up the ladder into the bowels of storage and saw only one 1972 harness, and it was marked “incomplete, alternator wires missing”. ☹️There was also a ‘71, so I opened it and immediately remembered the sea-change difference: ‘71 was the last year with the fuse block next to the gas pedal/ underneath the leaky cowl vent.😛

I did find a harness from a ‘73 FJ55 I bought back in the 1980s. 🤔And another box of rear corner glass for the 40 series that I’d forgotten about. D’oh.
Thx Mark. Think the 73 FJ55 harness would work? Or could I make the 71 work? Or can I add the needed Alternator wires that are missing to make the 72 complete?

Thx Mark. Think the 73 FJ55 harness would work? Or could I make the 71 work? Or can I add the needed Alternator wires that are missing to make the 72 complete?
I’ll have to climb up there again and pull the boxes down to compare. Right now my back is kind of stiff.☹️

Unfortunately, not. I’m going to try sleeping with a heating pad to see if it helps.
Hope you are feeling better Mark. Checking in on Harness options.

You're a winner! I got the box down today and pulled out the harness. Memory came back to me, slowly. I pulled this harness out of a 5/72 FJ40 that I parted out 30 years ago. I tool the alternator end of the wiring harness to make a splice in my harness on Ruftoys when I did my saginaw comversion and moved my alternator to the passenger side of the engine!

$250 plus the ride.

C75D4D6E-F543-424A-A601-443AA8CA0F07.jpeg

917F82FD-B2E5-4373-AE65-904243E365B7.jpeg

Th @65swb45 ! So with this harness I will still need the alternator end of the wiring harness, which I believed is exactly what I burnt up (The 10 gauge white and white/blue lines that connect to the Amp Gauge).

Th @65swb45 ! So with this harness I will still need the alternator end of the wiring harness, which I believed is exactly what I burnt up (The 10 gauge white and white/blue lines that connect to the Amp Gauge).
I took off the end at the alternator. The closeup pic shows the instrument cluster end with the wiring intact.

I took off the end at the alternator. The closeup pic shows the instrument cluster end with the wiring intact.
Got it thx! I'll take it. Huge help here Mark! Will help me get my FJ40 back on the road quick.

So I will just need to replace the one wire to the alternator if mine is also bad?

Shipping to 12732

payment by check only?

vvvvvvvvv

@65swb45 forgot to ask when we spoke today, might you also have a good OEM fusible link too? Want to make sure I install one this time so this issues doesn't happen again.

@65swb45 forgot to ask when we spoke today, might you also have a good OEM fusible link too? Want to make sure I install one this time so this issues doesn't happen again.
No, I don’t. I believe that both coolerman and ToyotaMatt offer them though.

Harness has been boxed up and ready to ship for over a week. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom