FJ40 loosing all electrical power while running. Help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stats on vehicle is SBC with MSD EFI system. Just had the stereo system reinstalled because the wires placement the first time was too close to the exhaust and burnt up the RCA wires. Brought it into the shop, was running great, no issues. Drove the other day and without warning the vehicle lost all power for a moment, stereo and MSD handheld both lost power and then everything came back on. What would cause that. Was thinking either bad ignition or something in the electrical grounding out. The only other change I have made was switching from a 3 wire alternator to a 1 wire system. Checked the battery and both terminals are tight. Just looking on what could cause it so I can start tracking down the systems.

Thanks in advance.

I would start at checking power to the ignition. Could be loose, then from the ignition when in the run position, then to your fuse block and so on.

thanks for the responses. I will recheck the battery negative along with the ignition. My thought is when they rewired the stereo they did something goofy to either one of these. Could be the ignition. They may have connected to that fuse relay causing the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom