For Sale FJ40 long jump seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
Have two pairs of these. See below for second set

early ones with the original coral upholstery $650 plus shipping from Phoenix AZ

51461DEB-C207-4D9F-96A0-4D686EF0E5C8.jpeg

3825A5D3-D82A-407D-9F39-E0119F0EF5DC.jpeg

FCE59D1A-10DE-4128-B8AA-E1F9915518DC.jpeg

A713D26F-8841-4EFC-84FF-352B8161DAD6.jpeg

4BA1687F-ED81-4758-8E0B-EABA49BD731A.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the legs are homemade

The black ones I assume? It’s possible, they didn’t look hacked up to me but I’m not familiar with this type of jump seat. Anyone else have a set they can send me some photos to compare? I picked them up from @bmoonhajjar a couple years back I assume they were pulled from a rig that was being parted out.

The black ones I assume? It’s possible, they didn’t look hacked up to me but I’m not familiar with this type of jump seat. Anyone else have a set they can send me some photos to compare? I picked them up from @bmoonhajjar a couple years back I assume they were pulled from a rig that was being parted out.
Those were out of my 1974 SA rig. Not sure if that helps Nate.

Not great pictures but what I found in my collection.

1973-1976 long jump seats. slanted at the front to accommodate front seats, single armrest, no leg, rest on bump stop. Note that up to 74 the frame was painted gray/metallic and from 1975 black.
1669731618137.png

1977 to ? long jump seat, I call them the hybrids as they have both the bump stops and a leg, they still have the single armrest also.
1669731459190.png

Note that the leg is recessed in the seat (sorry not easy to see in my dark pictures), so less cushion thickness... This allow to chose if you want to use the leg or the bump stops, both work. Leg is also lock in place, you need to slide it toward the front to unlock it (so it's not falling if you don't use the leg).

1669731699441.png

I would agree they look weird, but there is also no armrest so not a pre-leg version AFAIK.

I always thought the armrest served the purpose to stabilise the jump seat on no-leg version as you create a torque force seating on them.

79+ in light grey went leg only design and no armrest, but I'm not too sure how were the 78-79 long bench seats as it was hybrid/evolving years in this area.

Those were out of my 1974 SA rig. Not sure if that helps Nate.
If there is a trace of a cut-out armrest that would make sense. And some one added the legs to compensate the lost of rigidity (probably to use with an added rollbar?).

If there is a trace of a cut-out armrest that would make sense. And some one added the legs to compensate the lost of rigidity (probably to use with an added rollbar?).
Agree.

This might be something for @daveb to consider, since I’m trying to get him to put a rollbar in his ‘72.

Not great pictures but what I found in my collection.

1973-1976 long jump seats. slanted at the front to accommodate front seats, single armrest, no leg, rest on bump stop. Note that up to 74 the frame was painted gray/metallic and from 1975 black.
View attachment 3180783

1977 to ? long jump seat, I call them the hybrids as they have both the bump stops and a leg, they still have the single armrest also.
View attachment 3180782
Note that the leg is recessed in the seat (sorry not easy to see in my dark pictures), so less cushion thickness... This allow to chose if you want to use the leg or the bump stops, both work. Leg is also lock in place, you need to slide it toward the front to unlock it (so it's not falling if you don't use the leg).

View attachment 3180784

I would agree they look weird, but there is also no armrest so not a pre-leg version AFAIK.

I always thought the armrest served the purpose to stabilise the jump seat on no-leg version as you create a torque force seating on them.

79+ in light grey went leg only design and no armrest, but I'm not too sure how were the 78-79 long bench seats as it was hybrid/evolving years in this area.
was just doing some more mud sleuthing and about to post but you beat me to it! Those legs look different, so agree with @65swb45 they probably aren’t original. I’ll take a closer look at them later this morning and post pictures. Just trying to clear out a lot of the unneeded back-up plans I had for some of the cruisers. Also very open to offers, can’t recall what I paid for them originally just want them to go to good use.

EDIT: the legs look like later model legs taken off and then attached to these seats. Assuming these would be restored anyway they would be pretty easy to cut off if new owner wanted to. Or just cleaned up and kept. Looks like the armrests were removed though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Locklaw, you can have them. It will probably be a year before can do anything with them for my build, and they would just be taking up space in the shop. Was just trying to check off items in my “need list”
Thanks

Let me know if it doesn’t workout. Im only in San Diego and could probably make the day trip over a weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom