SOLD FJ40 later model steering box pedestal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
As I understand it, the earlier PS pedestal that the single manual box/column unit mounts to is different than the later box pedestals. I plan to install a factory PS box into my '69 to replace the very loose manual box that is in there now. I need the later model pedestal if anyone has one.

Thanks,
Evan

@kevos kevin will have one for you Evan , .........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evan the Wise ......... :)

ECCB2A72-4F0E-4C7B-8901-725A35F49792.jpeg

79811C81-EB27-4AF4-94FF-EBBA27F84DC0.jpeg

@kevos kevin will have one for you Evan , .........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evan the Wise ......... :)

If I was wise, I wouldn't spend all my income on rusty old trucks! Mr. Pardi already has me lined up with options for box pedestals, just need to figure out exactly which one I need.

Found a pedestal. Thanks all.

Evan, what did you use? I have a PS Box from an FJ60 that I want to use, but may have to fabricate something.
Brian, i have a factory power steering gearbox from a late model FJ40 that i want to install in my ‘69 fj40. From my research, i need a late model pedestal to mount it because the early pedestals have a different angle than the late model pedestals. With the FJ60 box, you definitely need to fabricate and weld a backing plate and some frame sleeves and drill through frame to mount the steering box just forward of the shock tower. Lots of threads on here with bits and pieces of info on the FJ60/FJ80 steering box install into an FJ40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom