FJ40 Land Cruiser Tire and Cooler Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordering one as well! Should have it paid off in the next week or so. I was going to go with just the tire carrier but knew I would regret it if I didn’t get the cooler carrier as well which makes it look complete.
It does look balanced with the tire and cooler carrier. I plan to add that to mine, provided 4Plus will sell me just that part. Don’t see it listed a la carte on their site. A previous owner of my rig elected to purchase two tire carriers instead of a spare and cooler combo. SMH!

D1610F17-E8CB-4F81-8F43-B8778648221F.jpeg

It does look balanced with the tire and cooler carrier. I plan to add that to mine, provided 4Plus will sell me just that part. Don’t see it listed a la carte on their site. A previous owner of my rig elected to purchase two tire carriers instead of a spare and cooler combo. SMH!

View attachment 3208581
I didn’t order the basket yet for mine due to funds but will order in the next couple of months and Dave is fine with that. I’m sure if you email him and would be more and happy to sell you what you need. Nice looking cruiser as well.

Uh, the main pin is secured in place by a smaller pin at the bottom if I'm not mistaken !?
So from what I saw in users videos, to open the carrier you need to:
  • Open handle
  • Remove small/safety pin
  • Remove main pin
  • Remove handle
And you end up with the main pin and handle in the hand that you will most likely need to put down somewhere to retrieve them later to close it.

Versus the stock carrier and most aftermarket carrier where it's a simple hook/latch so it's just one action "Open handle" and nothing remains in your hand to dispose.

So I really believe 4plus could do simpler on this latch design.

I added a small chain to the pin so both it and the handle can just hang when detached. But yes, I agree that it is a LITTLE cumbersome... but simple and bullet-proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom