FJ40 into a FJ45 pickup, has anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was thinking of doing something different and easier to find, I think I was on a website a few years back, and saw a Fj40 turned into a FJ45 truck.
my palns are to take an FJ40, fill the rear wheel wells in, then extend the frame out the back, and put on a FJ45 short bed.
Then I would have lots of cab room, plus the looks of a long FJ truck.
And if I wanted to make it my tow rig, I would put a diesel in it.
My buddy has a corp14bolt, fr 8lug dana44 with 4.56 gears and E rated 37" mtrs.
And I have another friend with a 6.2 turbo diesel, tranny, tcase.
If any body has any pics, Please post them or better yet, send them to my email.
Thanks,
Scott
www.scottb39@comcast.net

Kina in NH took a 40 tub, shortened it and then took the back of another 40 tub and grafted it behind the first.

satlineupgreenextralong40.jpg

satlineupgreenextralong402.jpg

satlineupgreenextralong404.jpg

Last edited:
why's it look like that guy's peeing on the winch in the last pic. i saw pics of that rig a while ago and loved it then...still is awesome...but then i've always wanted a 43 series.

nuclearlemon said:
what the heck do you think that thing is on his shifter

Looks like a fish's tail,
WTF are those doors, they look like factory soft doors except covered with metal??
It has the hooks for the soft door straps.
Butch
40_3.JPG
b8_3.JPG

Texican said:
Looks like a fish's tail,
WTF are those doors, they look like factory soft doors except covered with metal??
It has the hooks for the soft door straps.
Butch
yep, those are factory soft doors...canvas probably rotted long ago and he went for a cheapy fix. even has the oem soft door hinges.
25_3.jpg
top to door1.JPG

extended cab's the only way to go if you're going to do all that work.
hc3.jpg

I had some cool pics of both Proffit's and a guy up in Northern Cali that did just what you are talking about...In fact I am starting to think I might be going that route again...I want/need a pick up and being 6'5" and 250 there is no way I would fit in a regular 45 pick up....just need to decide if I am willing to part with my 45lv to make it happen....

mine was two 40s and one 55 frame
plenty of cab space and good sixed bed
have seen 45 with extended cab and shortened bed
would strecth a 40 if i did it again, body mounts easier
would be willing to create one for you
Dsc00008.jpg
Dsc00013.jpg

don't really understand why I would want to dovetail it??? but maybe you weren't speakin to me...

i think dovetilng looks gay...don't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom