FJ40 intake vacuum port plug question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK another question. I somehow broke a nipple off the vacuum port that screws into the manifold . Not a big deal as i don’t need it. but i need a plug to screw in there and I don’t want to damage the threads. I saw some british thread plugs that might work. But i figured i would try here first. Maybe someone has a link for an easy way to source one. See pic for area that needs plug. I think its equivalent to 1/8” BSP BSPT plug .

E2A8DB6C-7A26-451A-BDDA-7DE8F7DD7360.png

The plumbing section of the hardware store should have the plug. The factory used a plug on the firewall side, and I ordered a used one (refurbished) from Specter Off-Road.

@Aircooled1

Yes, the plug you need is 1/8 BSPT (British Standard Pipe Tapered). It has 28 threads per inch.

Common 1/8 plugs in the US are NPT (National Pipe Tapered) which have 27 threads per inch.

You may have better luck sourcing the BSPT plug at a hydraulics supply house.

Some here on 'Mud have no problem using the NPT plug, distorting the threads in the (hopefully) brass plug to "fit" the manifold threads.

It appears there is a plug available from Toyota:

Plug W Head Taper S - Toyota (90345-51025)​

$4.42 list price.

@Aircooled1

Yes, the plug you need is 1/8 BSPT (British Standard Pipe Tapered). It has 28 threads per inch.

Common 1/8 plugs in the US are NPT (National Pipe Tapered) which have 27 threads per inch.

You may have better luck sourcing the BSPT plug at a hydraulics supply house.

Some here on 'Mud have no problem using the NPT plug, distorting the threads in the (hopefully) brass plug to "fit" the manifold threads.

It appears there is a plug available from Toyota:

Plug W Head Taper S - Toyota (90345-51025)​

$4.42 list price.
Thx will see if I can get my local parts guy to source it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom