fj40 in Muscut, Oman (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you decide against it, let me know. I have a friend who would probably take it and clean it up!

Cool to see the old Omani tow truck colours :)

Nice looking cruiser. I am envious of you desert dwellers and your rust inhibiting surroundings.

I like the way that roof rack slopes towards the front. It's kind of rover-ish but cool. Also the mesh treatment on the brush guard and the rear cargo basket thing is interesting as well.

If you decide against it, let me know. I have a friend who would probably take it and clean it up!

Cool to see the old Omani tow truck colours :)

Sure, I will inform you.

More pictures of the car for your friend ?

engine compartment (very solid):

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Underneath of the car (I just slide my phone but you can see its solic with literally no rust):

DSC_0147.jpg

Front showing the PTO winch installation (according to owner it works fine but missing the cable).

DSC_0157.jpg

The single area of rust at the top right corner (Car is sitting tilted toward this side and most probably this is due to rain water but its an easy fix as the rest of the roof is solid.)

DSC_0155.jpg

Nice piece! Is it easy to source new parts for the FJ in muscat . Im talking about fender lights, door trimmings and interior fittings.

In Al Dhaid it's pretty easy. But mostly for the later model year stuff. The early 60's style turn signal lights for example are not available. I'll be ordering those from the US :)

update:

after inspecting the tow truck carefully, I decided to go for it. Money handed to the owner and they are running the motor and cleaning the car for me (filling air in the tires). The agreement is I collecting a "running car".

I'll just spray over the red "tow truck" strip and the white box on the sides and door and get it registered with number plates. Once I can drive it around to my place, I'll do the basic things in the next 1 and half months till the weather is cooler and we'll use it for camping trips together with the FJ40 during winter and cooler season.

When the heat starts next year, I'll do a full resto work on the FJ45 and paint it the same brown color like the FJ40 and fix few things that are missing like the rear cargo door... etc.

This FJ45 was converted to tow truck since new and probably bought and came from the dealer's showroom as tow truck. I guess the suspension part that beefed up will have to be beefed down to make the ride smoother.

Any ideas on advices on the tow truck will be appreciated. detailed pictures will be coming soon.

took the tow truck to an electrician to get it started.

DSC_0137a.jpg

there is sheet of metal welded over the rear side of the bed and looking behind it i saw the original lights housing mounts and hinges in place. I'lll need to cut that sheet cover off to re-install the lights in the original position and fix the bed door. The rear leafs have been beefed up to accommodate the weight of the car the truck was towing and as no more cars to be towed anymore, I'll have to reverse that so the truck can sit evenly.

DSC_0133a.jpg

I'll get the side mirrors and front turn signals installed today with 4 good tires. Service the truck and change the oils and belts to prepare for registering it sometime by end of the week. Once I have the plates, life will be easier moving it around.

I found the truck did not come with AC or PS but I have the complete PS setup which i bought earlier that will go in together with the original steering wheel.

I have just bought this:

1984 FJ40.

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

Body is in good shape and mechanically its in good shape. The steering has a problem with slight ? swaying gap.
Hello

I'm looking to buy a FJ40. But need some help in locating some average or good gerages that can fix FJ40s.
As the one I hopefuly will be purchasing needs some mechnical work to be done, most related to the break master cylinder.

Thanks

update:

after inspecting the tow truck carefully, I decided to go for it. Money handed to the owner and they are running the motor and cleaning the car for me (filling air in the tires). The agreement is I collecting a "running car".

I'll just spray over the red "tow truck" strip and the white box on the sides and door and get it registered with number plates. Once I can drive it around to my place, I'll do the basic things in the next 1 and half months till the weather is cooler and we'll use it for camping trips together with the FJ40 during winter and cooler season.

When the heat starts next year, I'll do a full resto work on the FJ45 and paint it the same brown color like the FJ40 and fix few things that are missing like the rear cargo door... etc.

This FJ45 was converted to tow truck since new and probably bought and came from the dealer's showroom as tow truck. I guess the suspension part that beefed up will have to be beefed down to make the ride smoother.

Any ideas on advices on the tow truck will be appreciated. detailed pictures will be coming soon.

I'm looking to purchase a FJ45 pickup too. Hoping you may have some leeds similar to the tow truck.

Any idea how to import it into Qatar; they have the no car older than 5 year rule. I'm there's an exception for 20+ older cars.

H
I have just bought this:

1984 FJ40.

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

Body is in good shape and mechanically its in good shape. The steering has a problem with slight ? swaying gap.
Hi ,

I too have just bought a
just came back from the salvage yard. bought these steering components for the 120$:

DSC_0123.jpg

I wanted to buy a spare gearbox but i didn't know which one is the 5 gear box. They had 3 gearboxes and I need advice to identify the correct one:

box1
DSC_0133.jpg

box2
DSC_0136.jpg

box3
DSC_0140.jpg

These 3 hear boxes came from these 3 cars !

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

I went to see the tow truck I mentioned earlier. It spent its entire life as a tow truck and never been used to pull net so the body is pretty much solid with rust at the corners of the roof only. The guys wants 2300$ for it and am thinking of buying it.

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg
Where is this yard located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom