FJ40 hood stretch - anyone done it?

EWheeler

2 Cruisers, No Garage
Visit site
Looking for photos of FJ40 hoods & aprons stretched in length. Did a search and came up empty. Surely someone around here has done it or seen it. Not asking for any opinions, just looking for visuals to see if it would be a viable solution (not horrendously ugly and out of proportion to my taste) to an underhood space issue.

Thanks,

Evan

Visit site
So you don't mean this?

6F8063AD-293C-459E-B1EA-6299A3E2CFC5_1_201_a.jpeg

Visit site
Curious what you're trying to stuff under the hood. I've seen just about everything stuffed in there including big block Chevy motors. Only thing I can think of is wanting a V-10.

EWheeler

2 Cruisers, No Garage
Visit site
Curious what you're trying to stuff under the hood. I've seen just about everything stuffed in there including big block Chevy motors. Only thing I can think of is wanting a V-10.

Just scheming future dreams in my head. I've read a 1FZ and a radiator will not live together under a 40 hood. I'd stretch the hood and aprons/fenders a couple inches before doing a rear mounted radiator.

Probably because I'm difficult and different.

EWheeler

2 Cruisers, No Garage
Visit site
It's a 45, but you know they are the same up front...
Thanks, I had just saved some photos and info from that thread. I think they can get away with it because they used the FJ ccompany $1200 bellhousing and a $2500 H55 manual trans. Too rich for my blood! I don't think the engine would fit the same with the 40 series firewall if using the stock auto trans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom