FJ40 Hood Prop Rod Grommet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mud - I have googled and searched mud and cant find the part number, but I did find a good picture of what I need. I need help locating the part or part number for the rubber grommet that keeps the hood prop from rattling where it connects to the hood. The rubber part shown in the picture below. Thanks in advance!
full

Note there are different part numbers for different model years:

1635356992191.png

I have no idea of the interchangeability.

90480-16060 appears to be available, $6.41 list
90480-20023 NLA
90480-14053 appears to be available, $7.01 list

Ok. The grommet is one piece 90480-16060. To install, it appears you need to cut grommet in half to put rod support through it then the pin.

Ok. The grommet is one piece 90480-16060. To install, it appears you need to cut grommet in half to put rod support through it then the pin.
What? No! You can squeeze the grommet in place in the rod hole without cutting it, and then put the rod in the support and finally the pin through them.

What? No! You can squeeze the grommet in place in the rod hole without cutting it, and then put the rod in the support and finally the pin through them.
Got it. Thank you. The grommet looked too large to fit through the hole on the hood support rod.

I changed it 1 month ago and was able to squeeze it enough but that's true that it looks big for the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom