FJ40 HOOD LOCK? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you guys use to lock the hood on fj's? I'd like to have the peice of mind that someone can't just open the two latches, and take whatever they like. Thanks

Wonder if you could get your hands on the latch they installed on the 1984 BJ42. Slick looking, I photos on my web site of the latch.

Rob
www.raddcruisers.ca

i run a small chain and padlock through the corner brace of the hood and the hood prop hole in the apron. bit redneck, but it works

nuclearlemon said:
i run a small chain and padlock through the corner brace of the hood and the hood prop hole in the apron. bit redneck, but it works

If it's too small and visible, they'll just freeze it with a spraycan and snap it off. Should be some kind of positive lock, like two eyebolts that line up and a case-hardened large padlock.

(hey pablo ;) )

Here is what we did on our FJ40 Clean and ez, no cables to snag on anything.
DSCN0580.JPG
DSCN0579.JPG

Last edited:
Local Ace hardware store, called a toggle latch. Comes keyed or unkeyed

nuclearlemon said:

I did the same thing, only used a FAT bike cable...works great.

I did this lock setup a few years ago and love it. Wanted to post up the part # of the lock shown because it has been a pain in the ass to find. I stumbled on it at NAPA today so here goes...

NAPA part #770-3794

Master Lock #605DAT

IMG_2659.jpg

Comes with 2 keys and works like a charm.

Thanks to Shane (fj40_73) for finding this elusive thread for me.

:beer:

Me too

Yes what he saidin post #17:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom