FJ40 Hood Differences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 68 fj40 which has a later model non split hood. I am having trouble getting the hood to fit properly. Is there any difference in size between the early and late model hoods? Thanks in advance

I have a 68 fj40 which has a later model non split hood. I am having trouble getting the hood to fit properly. Is there any difference in size between the early and late model hoods? Thanks in advance
Yes there are differences even between non-split hoods. I'm still running a split hood on my 81 simply because in 2002 I didn't know the difference. Sorry though I'm not the expert on what all those differences are.

they are same size, but there are differences...the splt hoods are lower in the front. there are also different counts and lengths of the louvers.
i had a split hood with a spear on a '77 for the longest time in the late 90s and early 2ks.

Last edited:
@fjl40 can tell you all about it! Windshield rest placement and hole spacing changed, hole placement for hood hooks changed.

Yes, I had bigger gaps between cowl and hood. The earlier hood seemed to be slightly wider which looked to hang over the sides slightly. When I get settled in I will probably pick up a 73 hood. I do like the split hood though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom