FJ40 Homemade GPS Digital Dash (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s a huge phone! Or is that an android note pad back there?

Biggest tease in Mud. What’s your intent here? To share tech or promote your product? If tech, it is lacking severely in detail on what you did. Pics in lieu of 1/2 second videos would be more helpful. Understand if your are promoting a product that you want to protect. Share your intent.
Thanks mate. Was literally just sharing something I made.

Yeah fully customisable. I use an app called car launcher, costs money but there are multiple similar apps out there for free.

i think what you have dreamed up mate is worthy of a : :popcorn:

what's my friend @FJ40GURU thinking 🤔 .......

if there are any sceptics still ?

see this Link :

this smack is killer kool .... :D

1630908291613 - Copy.png

That's brilliant.
I would have a more realistic speedo a tach and the normal gauges along with a GPS map you could maximize for trail work but again that has a lot more potential than anything commercially available I have seen.
I’m working on getting a more realistic speedo on there as that is the default speedo look. As it’s just a phone I have no realistic way of getting the rpm from the engine into the software on the phone so a tachometer isn’t easily doable. : )

I’m working on getting a more realistic speedo on there as that is the default speedo look. As it’s just a phone I have no realistic way of getting the rpm from the engine into the software on the phone so a tachometer isn’t easily doable. : )
No problem and honestly the tach is really not an issue just a "nice to have" thing. Oil pressure temp and fuel would work fine for me. If it could be a trail mode with the gauges and a app such as Gaia would be exceptional.
I think for usability your idea is far and away better than any other digital dash to include the Dakota but the dakota does have a "look" like a stock dash

That sir, is thinking WAY outside the box! Well done indeed!
Surely some of you techno wizards could come up with a USB to temp, rpm, pressure sensor interface allowing the phone to have the other pieces of info available to it...

Could modern electronics detect a misfire (let's say, from a fouled plug) on the low voltage side of the coil while it counts out engine rpm?

Adding a little bump to hopefully keep this thread going for more details. Can't believe I stumbled upon this when I did. Just pulled out my 40 after 2 years.. SBC with pro flo4 fuel injection and a spaghetti mess of a wiring harness I gotta deal with, this would work awesome with the Edelbrock pro flo app to check my vitals, also includes RPM! How did you mount the phone on the back? I'm liking this way more than the Dakota option! 👌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom