Wanted FJ40 High Pressure Power Steering Hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All.
Looking for the high pressure line for an 82 FJ40 from South America. The line goes from the back of the reservoir to the hard line on the frame rail. Pictures of what Im looking for attached. Believe the part number might be 4441160011 or 4441160071. Thanks in advance.
IMG_8733.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 1.34.31 PM.png

I had to have the hose rebuilt by a hydraulic shop as I couldn’t find the correct hose anywhere.

I had to have the hose rebuilt by a hydraulic shop as I couldn’t find the correct hose anywhere.
Yeah, I've tried that locally, and it's been a nightmare. I won't go into it, but I'm still trying to find something to work. The FJ was worked over REAL well south of the border before I got it, and the stuff I'm running into is not for the faint of heart. LOL Rewired the whole truck and one of the wires I replaced under the dash changed colors three or four times from one end to the other.

I know this was a long time ago, but I have a South American FJ40 I need power steering hoses for. Pump on passenger side (left/US). Can you tell me what you eventually found?

Yeah, I've tried that locally, and it's been a nightmare. I won't go into it, but I'm still trying to find something to work. The FJ was worked over REAL well south of the border before I got it, and the stuff I'm running into is not for the faint of heart. LOL Rewired the whole truck and one of the wires I replaced under the dash changed colors three or four times from one end to the other.

without pics of your components it is hard to say what you need.
if your pump is on the US passenger side of the block and it is stock Toyota bits, that hose should still be available from overseas, Partsouq.
the US setup with the pump on the driver side of the block, I've been told a mini truck hose will work, it is longer but can be used.

without pics of your components it is hard to say what you need.
if your pump is on the US passenger side of the block and it is stock Toyota bits, that hose should still be available from overseas, Partsouq.
the US setup with the pump on the driver side of the block, I've been told a mini truck hose will work, it is longer but can be used.
This is what my pump fitting looks like. No flare inside, just flat.

20230125_204310.jpg

Wouldn't an FJ60 hose work, they're still available

Not sure, but thanks. I'm going to look into that right now.

the 60 steering box and the 40 series box are in different places and the OP needing a hose for a non US setup, not sure the hose would be long enough to reach the 40 box versus the 60 box

the 60 steering box and the 40 series box are in different places and the OP needing a hose for a non US setup, not sure the hose would be long enough to reach the 40 box versus the 60 box
Does anyone know what you call the type of fitting in the picture above, of my power steering pump. It's not flared, but a straight down hole, flat at the bottom. I purchased this fitting hoping to convert it.

Screenshot 2023-02-01 212257.png

Okay, I was finally able to put together the two hoses I need with the help of a local hydraulic hose company. It's not pressure tested yet, and is likely a few weeks, to months away from testing. I will update when test, and provide what info I can on parts used. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom