Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In January 2020, Toyota began the Heritage Program to begin production of no longer available parts for the A70 and A80 Supra. In July 2020, Toyota added the 2000GT to the list of vehicles with parts production support through the Heritage Program.

Earlier today I made my frequent parts order call to my local dealership to get the common response, "part # XXXXX-XXXXX that you want to purchase is NLA". I'm a resourceful guy just like everyone on this site and I can do a lot to revive old worn bits but there is a limit to what can be rebuilt. Scouring fleabay for sketchy used parts isn't my idea of a fun afternoon; I'd rather be opening a Lexus/Toyota Genuine Parts box and installing a new part into my old cruiser. Why is Toyota supporting the Supra and 2000GT and not their most iconic/flagship vehicle, the vehicle that enabled them to enter new markets around the world and was largely responsible for the success of their company?

So I called Toyota's customer service at 800-331-4331 and spoke with Carrie W. (she's awesome BTW). I pitched this request and ended up on hold while she talked with a supervisor. She came back and said the supervisor response to my question was that they haven't had any significant volume of inquiry requests for adding the FJ25 or FJ40 to the Heritage Program, but they would send the program managers my request and... if they found there was enough demand they would likely add support for these vehicles. If you'd like to have access to new OEM parts that are currently NLA then please call the number and person listed above and put in a request. We may be able to get the Land Cruiser added to the Heritage Program if we flood them with requests. I may call them once every day until they get so fed up with me that they just do what I'm asking.

Also, my daily NLA parts order was: 17343-61020 hose between air bypass valve and check valve, 17342-61030 hose between smog pump and air bypass valve, 19220-61102 distributor vacuum advance (dual diaphragm style), 17810-61010 distributor air filter, at this point I gave up and ordered an air filter.

Thanks for posting this! It would be great if we could get the 40 on the Heritage program. Hopefully this can get more exposure!

This would be so exciting. It would be so nice to get legitimate Toyota parts, and not have to deal with shipping costs of overseas or parts from a warehouse.

I just called. The rep will want to build a vehicle profile and will need the "VIN". You will have to explain that there were not 16/17 digit vin codes on the older FJ04s & FJ25s.

Would say you probably want to have a VIN of a US import vehicle. Doubt they would get a.lot of response on the FJ25 since such a low volume were ever made much less imported here. VINs for the FJ40 should not be an issue. Should have at least six FJ40s titled in my name as well as a FJ45.

In January 2020, Toyota began the Heritage Program to begin production of no longer available parts for the A70 and A80 Supra. In July 2020, Toyota added the 2000GT to the list of vehicles with parts production support through the Heritage Program.

Earlier today I made my frequent parts order call to my local dealership to get the common response, "part # XXXXX-XXXXX that you want to purchase is NLA". I'm a resourceful guy just like everyone on this site and I can do a lot to revive old worn bits but there is a limit to what can be rebuilt. Scouring fleabay for sketchy used parts isn't my idea of a fun afternoon; I'd rather be opening a Lexus/Toyota Genuine Parts box and installing a new part into my old cruiser. Why is Toyota supporting the Supra and 2000GT and not their most iconic/flagship vehicle, the vehicle that enabled them to enter new markets around the world and was largely responsible for the success of their company?

So I called Toyota's customer service at 800-331-4331 and spoke with Carrie W. (she's awesome BTW). I pitched this request and ended up on hold while she talked with a supervisor. She came back and said the supervisor response to my question was that they haven't had any significant volume of inquiry requests for adding the FJ25 or FJ40 to the Heritage Program, but they would send the program managers my request and... if they found there was enough demand they would likely add support for these vehicles. If you'd like to have access to new OEM parts that are currently NLA then please call the number and person listed above and put in a request. We may be able to get the Land Cruiser added to the Heritage Program if we flood them with requests. I may call them once every day until they get so fed up with me that they just do what I'm asking.

Also, my daily NLA parts order was: 17343-61020 hose between air bypass valve and check valve, 17342-61030 hose between smog pump and air bypass valve, 19220-61102 distributor vacuum advance (dual diaphragm style), 17810-61010 distributor air filter, at this point I gave up and ordered an air filter.
We should make a list of common parts that we want to buy OEM here.

Just too bad can't convince Toyota they imported 83 FJ40 with the H55F five speed like they did with FJ60. Just adding in a bunch of 8/80+ VIN may be able to get rear axle a with hand brakes, which is the best option in my opinion when adding a H55F. But only the correct 40 series top cover ia the only way to add an H55F.

Last edited:

Double post
Looks like 40 series owners will have access to discontinued OEM parts again in 2022

From their news release, "TOYOTA GAZOO Racing is preparing a questionnaire form on its website* where customers can submit their reproduction requests. This feedback will be used in the selection of the next parts to be reproduced.".

Here is a link.

i am calling them and asking for :

excellent Feedback @Pitter Patter :cool:

84112-60011

84112-60012

84112-60011 OEM FJ40 light switch (2).JPG
DSCN9929.JPG
DSCN9941.JPG
KIMG219512.jpg

So….what parts do we need reproduced? Is there going to be a list started that we NA 40 Series owners can submit to Mr. Toyota?

devo
Click the link and there is a link in the announcement to take a survey for parts wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom