FJ40 Heavy Duty Skid Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Downey

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok guys & gals, I'm starting to get some more request for my FJ40/45 heavy duty belly skid plates. Since I have to build/buy a minimum number (to use up a full sheet of steel) I need some more commitment from Mud guys- - -lemme know if interested. As I recall the last ones sold in the $275.00 to $300.00 ball park, plus freight charges.

Ok guys & gals, I'm starting to get some more request for my FJ40/45 heavy duty belly skid plates. Since I have to build/buy a minimum number (to use up a full sheet of steel) I need some more commitment from Mud guys- - -lemme know if interested. As I recall the last ones sold in the $275.00 to $300.00 ball park, plus freight charges.
Downey:
I've bought new a (Dec '73) '74 FJ40 that came stock with a/the heavy-duty (approx 1/4" thick) "skid plate"
that, basically, covers the area (roughly) between the rear of the engine to (around) the rear of the G/Box~T/Case.
(about four foot square)
What "area" does your HD Belly Skid Plate cover?? (Engine??) Picture in situ?? Por Favor
I plan on doing some "serious" rock (hill, wall, etc.) crawling and would like to keep all the aluminum in one piece..
I might mention I have a Caddy 429cid V-8 and ("built") TH400 bolted to the T-Case! Stock running gear but with
"adjusted to fit" driveshafts!
Charles. 1974 FJ40.

^^^^Sounds like you've already got my skid plate, covers the same area.

Quit slacking @MOTOV8R :beer:

D0A0F94F-792D-4D31-B46A-3D39631BBEF6.jpeg

CFE6040E-21A0-4BD1-9BAE-C18B31246448.jpeg

Reminder, I stopped putting the mounting holes in my skid plates due to (1) sooooo many different bolt patterns, and (2) major frame flex, bolt holes seldom lined up. Sooooo now my skid plates are a DIY "you drill" design (as pictured above).

Might b down for another or 2. Need to fit the first one. Just opened the box last weekend. So count me for one right now.

^^^^^Very typical to require skid plate lowering after engine/tranny swaps, many have to lower with spacers about 1/2".

I just sold more skid plates than was even made in the last batch, sooooo now wondering if there is any more interest before I start another batch ???

Better get another quote first Jim. Steel is through the roof now.

10-4, all my steel products doubled in cost over night !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom