FJ40 Heavy Duty Battery Cable Sets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May place an order in the next few days for the $115 dollar one. Do you need additional information when I order? Thanks

Did mine the other day. Just need a battery but will be later down the road.

5EC09D6A-9925-4B88-AAA9-00626ACEFBA4.jpeg

FC72072A-9F4C-4717-BE8F-3500F352FAF6.jpeg

Could not have been more pleased with these cables. They really proved have tired and weak my old cables were. @Fourrunner, your cables beat all others I was looking at by a long shot.
Thank you!

ED4BCED9-9A32-452B-98F4-E0345F4DDAC3.jpeg

I thought one of the ground straps is for the starter bolt to frame.

Good catch. @Fourrunner, you may need to update your 1st post of this thread. You do say there that one of the ground straps goes from the starter to frame.

However, the instructions that came with the cables said to install one ground cable from battery to frame and the other from battery to head. I went this route, as I saw others doing the same.

And I do have a ground cable (black, with yellow tracer) that runs from the starter to frame. It appears OEM.

Last edited:
FWIW, the oem cable from starter to frame is approx 12-13” long. Fourrunner can clarify his cable lengths, but the one from battery to head is approx 20” long and from battery to frame is approx 22” long.
I’m sure Fourrunner could make another cable that runs from starter to frame that matches the length of the oem cable. Just something to consider if you go from starter to frame with either his existing ones.

It looks like this was a mid to late 70's change. I can offer either version (cable to the head or cable to the starter) with the kits. Those lengths you mentioned, Rock Slide, are the lengths I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom