FJ40 Hard top and Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There really isn’t a one stop shop.. if your in a hurry and have the money, some places that sell panels sell new roof, top and door parts... but.. there’s a lot of money, prep and patience involved.

I also bought a '76 without hard doors or a hard top. It did have soft doors and a past-its-prime BestTop soft top, but I opted to wait it out and watch the classifieds and craigslist. A few months later an abandoned project showed up on my local Craigslist and it was a hodge-podge of '72 parts, but I got a great deal on a full tub and early doors (which i like better aesthetically speaking) and they will fit a later '75+ FJ40 with a little tweaking. I'd definitely do a search on the classifieds here for past sales to get a feel for going rates, and have the cash ready to pounce in a few months (or years) if something pops up in your area. Shipping via Fastenal is pretty reasonable and easy if you find a can't miss deal. Good luck! :beer:

Historically, 4 doors and a top for a '76 in good condition were ~$800. They are now more like $3-5K, so don't be surprised if you see eye-popping prices (at least eye-popping to some of us).

Just laying around in some places.

C2A19488-2C54-4951-B092-B8F5B4E67BCA.jpeg

I recently sold a very nice set of later doors to Icon Toyota shop for $750. Just for comparison. eBay has door sets quite often but they are heavy to ship $$$$. Best to find local, bought my top for $75 bucks, it was taken apart and sitting behind a garage. Keep the eyes open.

If you have Facebook, try Marketplace. This one is in Medford, OR.
upload_2019-1-11_16-19-44.png

I happen to have a nearly completely repaired (not restored) top (need to spray the white), a set of old style doors (original/fairly rough), and back half doors (good/vgood original). They've all been there for years, while my rig has evolved into a straight up wheeling rig.

I haven't posted them for sale yet, but will when I can get them out to take pics (we're having a small snow storm right now)

But, I'm in Virginia...

Don’t let shipping scare you—-lots of good options out there— should cost no more than $500 and probably less even for cross country shipping.

I cringe seeing hardtop sitting directly on the ground! Set them up on 6x6 blocks of wood, for heaven's sake! ;)

Not mine, that top would be stored inside if it was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom