Fj40 gobi roof rack with snorkle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering is anyone has a gobi stealth roof rack on a fj40 with a snorkle. I like the rack, but don't know if it will work with a snorkle installed.

Wondering is anyone has a gobi stealth roof rack on a fj40 with a snorkle. I like the rack, but don't know if it will work with a snorkle installed.
I mean, you could fabricate your own. It’s just a tube that connects to the intake after all

Already have a snorkle installed. The gobi rack mounts to the windshield hinges from what I understand so the supports for the rook rack would be right where the snorkle is. Trying to find out if anyone has this setup or has seen an fj40 with both a snorkle and the gobi steath roof rack.

Already have a snorkle installed. The gobi rack mounts to the windshield hinges from what I understand so the supports for the rook rack would be right where the snorkle is. Trying to find out if anyone has this setup or has seen an fj40 with both a snorkle and the gobi steath roof rack.
Pics? It would probably be a close fit. Maybe some modifications needed

Pic of your cruiser and snorkel I mean

Based off these mounts, it looks like a snorkel should it as long as it’s mounted on the side of the windshield and not in front. The mounts go to the hinge bolt things, and bolts to the front of the windshield frame. The snorkel should fit as long as it sits to the side of the frame and not in front of it, although you may have to do a bit of tweaking, but I can’t imagine it’s too difficult.

6FA32656-9FC5-4103-97A2-2571BB79B7CB.png

2A9E4EA3-F1BA-4EEE-80B7-4A3324F5F454.png

2764E524-AEC5-4676-8326-7F41E8F4057E.png

Kind of what I was thinking too. I can do fab work, but am hoping it wod be straight forward and just bolt on!

Kind of what I was thinking too. I can do fab work, but am hoping it wod be straight forward and just bolt on!
I say go for it. I love this rack but I hardly ever see any pictures of it. A snorkel would make it look 10x better

I really like it too. Low-profile, strong and the ladder is a nice touch. Need to haul kayaks and gear and have 2 100 pound dogs that fill up the back of the truck!

I found this picture on @47series on Instagram. This looks like a Gobi rack with a snorkel. (Or at least something similar)

E9A4DE16-97B5-4CA5-AE99-4C5C044502BD.jpeg

I found this picture on @47series on Instagram. This looks like a Gobi rack with a snorkel. (Or at least something similar)

View attachment 2689485
Sweet, thanks for sharing. I tried calling gobi and could not get anyone to answer. Send emails too and no response.

That snorkel looks like it’s moved much farther forward than the normal installation. It wouldn’t necessarily be hard to do, but you’d definitely need to mount the rack first to make sure the cuts needed for the snorkel were in the right place.

I mean, you could fabricate your own. It’s just a tube that connects to the intake after all
I'm looking for a Snorkel for my '74 FJ40. I NEED 4" Diameter piping. (Carb is a big four bbl atop a V-8)
All the "snorkel ads" on eBay appear to be the same 3" unit just sold by different vendors who know little
to nothing about their "product".
I agree with Pura Vida that one could fabricate ones own snorkel using ABS Pipe, it's just "creating" the
"air filter" at the top.. Any suggestions??
Charles 1974 FJ40.

I'm looking for a Snorkel for my '74 FJ40. I NEED 4" Diameter piping. (Carb is a big four bbl atop a V-8)
All the "snorkel ads" on eBay appear to be the same 3" unit just sold by different vendors who know little
to nothing about their "product".
I agree with Pura Vida that one could fabricate ones own snorkel using ABS Pipe, it's just "creating" the
"air filter" at the top.. Any suggestions??
Charles 1974 FJ40.
Another reference for a snorkel. It is only just an extension of the air intake that is sealed. Any piping works as long as it’s water tight

8018D9D3-93A2-41EE-9823-829B426C222C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom