FJ40 Gas Tank Pickup Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I just yanked out the stock rotted out gas tank that's under the seat. On mine, the pickup for the gas is about 1/3 of the way up the side of the tank (drivers side of tank). I don't know if this is stock or not. So I was thinking about getting a pickup tapped/welded into the bottom of the tank where the recessed section is. Or does the side pickup already have a tube that goes down into the recessed section? :confused:

The stock exit location is what you want to use...... not a good idea to suck from the sump as that's where all the crap settles....hence the drain plug for drainage purposes.......

Right, point taken. But I think I'd rather empty a glass bowl fuel filter right after the tank every week if it gains me double the capacity of usable fuel... just seems weird to me how high up it is.

pickup

You wont get any more fuel I dont think. The line isnt just sucking fuel from halfway up the tank. There will be a pickup line on the inside pointing down closer to the bottom of the tank but allowing enough room to keep the scraps on the bottom.

by sucking the fuel up and out you are avoiding problems

You wont get any more fuel I dont think. The line isnt just sucking fuel from halfway up the tank. There will be a pickup line on the inside pointing down closer to the bottom of the tank but allowing enough room to keep the scraps on the bottom.

by sucking the fuel up and out you are avoiding problems

Cool, I was hoping this was how it worked. Know if it is a rigid tube or something flexible?

I'm just wondering if I can throw this in a powdercoating oven after I pull the sending unit... I don't want that inner line to melt if it's not steel. anyone know?

It's steel.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom