For Sale Fj40 - FST Tailgate, tool box lid, gas tank cover, 2f lifter cover (Atlanta, GA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tailgate, has been acid stripped, has some dings, but no rot. No hardware. $400

Tool box lid, great condition, painted with color match bed liner. $75

Gas tank cover, decent condition, sandblasted and primed. Has sealant on underside. $150

Engine cover, good condition, painted black. $25

All prices are OBO.

Will trade for fj40 wall art.

Local pick up only please. I have a lot of stuff I am going to be listing soon, keep an eye out. Smaller items I will ship.

B1356FDE-9C82-40D0-BC90-ABFE2F19C087.jpeg

B1F4F3DC-D980-420F-B788-80191A2279F6.jpeg

E3C87E99-1278-4220-874B-B683C871EE3C.jpeg

Are the off colored areas on the tailgate bondo or something else? Can you tell me the measurement of the middle rib on the tailgate? Shown in the attached pic. There’s 2 versions that were produced.

A5800FCE-02C1-4E5B-B5EB-511061B2FB95.jpeg

Yes it has alittle bondo, needs to be sanded down.

It has the thicker center rib.

I'm interested in the tailgate if you decide to ship it. 45255. Ken

Interesting…I have a smaller middle ridge version on my ‘63 FJ-45. Original tailgate to the truck AFAIK.

Can I get a pic of the underside of the tool box lid? How do these mount? I'm missing the whole lid....thanks
You’d have to have the bottom half welded in to your earlier model truck. It would not be difficult to make this into a lid somewhere else tho. I have the 2x latches I’ll include as well.

Can I get a pic of the underside of the tool box lid? How do these mount? I'm missing the whole lid....thanks

As I recall the lid has a couple of tabs on the back lip that slide into slots in the back wall of the box. Whrn closed The frt lip keeps it from sliding back when the lid is installed. To remove the lid you have to raise the frt of it then slide it back and lift it up. It's a very simple design.

Almost learned something but my left and right must be dyslexic.

Interesting…I have a smaller middle ridge version on my ‘63 FJ-45. Original tailgate to the truck AFAIK.

My screw up that one on the left is from a 1962 FST. Fat fingers. I do remember the tail of gate was $40 with all the hardware at a wrecking.
Maybe one of these days will move to a computer or a tablet. Thought I had a Samsung tablet that would let me use camera pictures on a hard drive on the tablet. Wanted the hard drive formatted first. Gave that up. Still don't understand why a old Motorola phone with no SIM card will automatically have photos I take on my Pixel phone. It's like an automatic back for my pictures. Would put a Emoji of shrugging shoulders here if I could get them to work.

Thinking by the mid sixties the tailgate made it's change. I a 61 and 62 FHTs. Both those have a second latch on the left barn door. Have a 62 FST tub that only has the usual one on the right door. Lots of little things changed in the early FJ40. The one I've are my frame number not date.

I’ll consider shipping, just need some time to find a box.

What kind of wall art are looking for? Shiney, patina'd?

Either, but Patina is always welcome!

Still have the tailgate? I’m interested. Pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom