FJ40 front door hinge bushings - What else do they fit? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, much appreciated. Have you used bushings in above link and what do you think of them? Looking at these for ambulance door hinges. Tom

It is cool that Toyota used the same size on both👍

Called SOR they say they do not have them. Once again are these bushings the same as the ones that go on front door hinges?

Thanks, much appreciated. Have you used bushings in above link and what do you think of them? Looking at these for ambulance door hinges. Tom

Which ones are you talking about the ambulance doors. I thought they were a smaller pin. Will be able to check tommorow. Will be around where all my ambulance doors are.

Just pressed couple as test fit to front door hinges. Works fine.

Ambulance door pin/hinge hole are the same Ø 8/10 mm.

Found a loose ambulance door hinge. Look like at the very least woul need to spread the tub and hard side for room on the flare on the end of the brass bushing.
IMG_20200928_110857913.jpg
IMG_20200928_110910474.jpg

Tried to reach South Boston 40 no response. So will try front door hinge bushings on ambi-door hinges once I get some type of pin

Tried to reach South Boston 40 no response. So will try front door hinge bushings on ambi-door hinges once I get some type of pin

Have you tried removing the old pin and reusing it? If it's the same diameter as other as pins used could cut one of the down and drill the a hole for a cotter pin. Have excess to machine shop could cut the pin down. Drill the center out to mimic factory pin the flatten out like the OEM pin.

Are these still available OEM from Toyota?
1601396339357.jpeg

Specter off road has them but not sure if OEM. Anyone have a part number for these? I hear the OEM bushings hold up better than the knock off’s.

Decided to go with what Specter stocks, $1.30 a pop but a whopping $18 and change to ship to me in AZ for probably the lightest parts I have ever ordered.🙄 NOS pieces from AU were $5 a pop, but somehow I bet shipping would be less. Ah the Specter shipping scam continues!

You could have got 8 brass ones from SouthBoston for $22 shipped. Support the local vendors and to Hel!%$#%^& with Spector
Sent him a PM like a week ago, no reply. I have used his brass bushings on my front door hinges. Seem to be holding up very well.

You could have got 8 brass ones from SouthBoston for $22 shipped. Support the local vendors and to Hel!%$#%^& with Spector
For what it’s worth, I am NOT a Specter fan.

Sent him a PM like a week ago, no reply. I have used his brass bushings on my front door hinges. Seem to be holding up very well.
I just sent you a PM, sorry about that somebody else emailed me the exact same question on the same day so I figured that was you.

I just sent you a PM, sorry about that somebody else emailed me the exact same question on the same day so I figured that was you.

I posted in your original brass bushing for sale thread and quoted your last post there. Not sure how many seats I could use. These fit hood and windshield hinges as well correct?

I posted in your original brass bushing for sale thread and quoted your last post there. Not sure how many seats I could use. These fit hood and windshield hinges as well correct?
Hood, windshield and doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom